Author Topic: Hidden battery case in the PSR-S770  (Read 4177 times)

arvacon

Hidden battery case in the PSR-S770
« on: March 12, 2018, 06:58:00 AM »
Hi everyone.
I am a happy owner of the PSR-S770 now.  ;D

I just received it some days ago and it seems a huge upgrade from my psr-e453.
I was inspecting the keyboard around and everything seems much more robust and better quality than my lovely e453. The keybed feel is much better, quiter, better feeling and a little shorter key travel that I prefer more.
During the inspection, I used my flashlight to see what's inside from the vents under the keyboard and for my big surprise, I found that this model has inside a battery case that it is sitting there without any use.
What it is more interesting is that it has date stamps from 90's up to it and that seems a little weird!  :o
Can you check your s970-s770 to see if there is also into yours this case?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Toril S

Re: Hidden battery case in the PSR-S770
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 07:44:44 AM »
Hello Arvacon. First; congratulation on your new keyboard!
If this is indeed a battery case, could it be that it is there for future use if the keyboard is fitted with a clock? I don't know. I have an S970, but don't see well enough to chech if there is a battery compartment hidden in it. I really like the explorer part of your post, inspecting your keyboard with the help of a flashlight! It is so wonderful to have a new keyboard, I also have a relatively new keyboard, and the feeling when you get to know your new instrument is superb. Have fun!  :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

arvacon

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 08:38:56 AM »
Thanks Toril.  ;)
Indeed I really enjoy to exploring every little piece of a new instrument like this.
The feeling of new instrument can't compared with anything. Imagine how I was feeling until this had to arrived during its far trip from Germany to Greece, that it took almost 20 days! But fortunately everything went fine with the transportation, so now I can enjoy this little gem.  :D

About the battery case, it seems that this model maybe was designated to work with batteries too, like the psr-e series, but maybe they changed their mind last minute. But as I can see, it says 6x1.5volt batteries, so this voltage would not be enough to power this instrument.
The most weird is the 1990-1994 year date stamp on this case, but who knows, maybe they did this on purpose, to give at this instrument a 90's touch at its spirit.  ::)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 08:41:05 AM by arvacon »

Offline Denn

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 09:01:58 PM »
Hello, Have just checked my S770 and there sure is a battery compartment. How you get at it is another story. There are 21 screws to get at the inside. I think it may be a situation of fitting batteries to check parts of the boards inside. The batteries would only rate 9V which is common for some motherboards. Many home electronics, home theater systems etc have a rectifier reducing 240V to 9V for the main board to operate. Regards, Den.
Love knitting dolls