PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > Earlier Models like PSR-9000/PSR-740

Yamaha psr 9000 pro Full help required

(1/4) > >>

swinebc:
Hello .
I just acquired this keyboard as a gift. I have no idea how it works or how to get a note out of it. It came with an instruction manual which may as well be in another language. I think its all here.
                Any assistance to get it going would be very much appreciated.  Perhaps where to plug the speakers in would be a start.
Best Regards, Bernard.

panos:
I found this manual in english

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/196249/Yamaha-9000-Pro.html

If you don't have any speakers availiable you can use headphones.

[attachment deleted by admin]

mikf:
Go to the PSR tutorial home page, select lessons then work your way through. Probably easier than the manual it gets you through step by step. The 9000 pro may be dated but it’s s very good keyboard so worth persevering. You don’t mention your own skill level, can you play at all or are you a total novice?
Mike

swinebc:
Hi Mike.
Can play chords and a few songs, but probably a novice. I managed to get the thing going last night. it was a speaker problem. I must admit its **** complicated. I have the chance of a Tyros 3 at £800 do you think this will be easier?
Bernard.

panos:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Yamaha_products
Tyros series

Tyros (1 May 2002)
    Tyros 2 (21 June 2005)
    Tyros 3 (17 April 2008)
    Tyros 4 (16 June 2010)
    Tyros 5 (13 July 2013)
    Genos (31 August 2017)

PSR arranger workstations

See also: § PortaTone PSR series

PSR-1500 (21 January 2004)
    PSR-3000 (21 January 2004)
    PSR-7000 (1995, export model)
    PSR-8000 (8 September 1997, export model)
    PSR-9000 (9 Septem000ber 1999, export model)
    PSR-9000 Pro (2000, export model)

There is almost a difference of a decate between the two models.
Big difference in  technology and sound.
The psr 9000 pro as far I can tell from videos on youtube is a keyboard that is made for professional keybordists who played mostly ethnic-oriental music.
That is why it doesn't have on board speakers.

Tyros 3 is still used very much and has similar sound and functions to the latest keyboards.
But if you have the psr 9000 pro for free,try it out first and if you do like keyboards buy a better and newer keyboard like Tyros 3 or something from the psr s series.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version