Author Topic: No access to styles via USB  (Read 7073 times)

Alain

No access to styles via USB
« on: March 11, 2018, 10:40:29 PM »
 :)  hello everybody,

I have since 2 days a serious problem to access via USB my styles on my USB stick. If I want to access (i;e) a Massa styles located on my USB stick, the USER says "no file or inappropriate name".

I made factory reset, no success.............do you have any idea ?

Greetings from France
Alain    ;)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 11:17:27 PM by Alain »

Offline Gunnar Jonny

Re: No access to styles via USB
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 11:03:23 PM »
Hello.
I think maybe you need to explain more in depth what you are having trouble with.
Is it when the USB stick is located in Genos problem occurs? Is the memory stick readable on your PC?
Have you tried to add a single xxx.STY or xxx.PRS file on the pen to see if Genos finds it? Genos does not read .zip files.
Does Genos read any other memorysticks?
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Alain

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 11:23:09 PM »
hi Jonny,

Of course I know that all....before, I could easily read all my USB with styles. I have just know made a re-installation of the ne new version 1.20 but it's still the same.
     Its for sure, internal to Genos, I probably made something wrong that I can't remember or repair...

Thanks for your interest

gerarde

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 11:50:01 PM »
There is a possibility that the problem is the USB stick.
I had a USB stick that always worked with my PSR S970 but I started to have problems on my Genos.
I found out that the USB stick I was using was not a recommended on that Yamaha supports.
I bought a new Yamaha supported USB stick and have had no problems since.

Gerard

Alain

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 11:57:25 PM »
 :)  Hello Gerard

That's a real possibility...waiting until I get a new usb.

Curiously, the USER works normal when I select from Voices....pads...songs...and not for STYLES !!!

Thanks for interest...

Greetings

Offline voodoo

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 04:06:43 PM »
Have you tried to reformat the stick?
Have his tried to put some other styles in another folder of the stick?

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Alain

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 12:36:52 AM »
Uli

The User fails each time I call it for external styles. It fails also when I dont have any USB stick on the Genos.

Just before today, I had a call with a Yamaha Europe demonstrator and I am waiting for an answer.

Alain

Offline voodoo

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 01:10:40 AM »
Alain,

thanks for reporting. I wish you good luck with the Yamaha support.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 01:31:41 AM »
Hi Alain,
  Did you just copy and paste the style folder from your USB to your USER aria whilst in style mode. There should not be a problem as I did all mine this way. When I removed the USB and chose Style and then tabbed to user they were there to see and use.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 03:08:46 AM »
I am confused about exactly what your problem is!

You said in your first post; 'If I want to access (i;e) a Massa styles located on my USB stick, the USER says "no file or inappropriate name".'

What do you mean by 'the USER'?  Do you mean the USER drive, or are you referring to the keyboard display?

You are probably already aware of the following so I apologise in advance if you have already checked this, but I'll include it anyway just in case!

Note that if you have copied a folder from your USB to the internal USER drive via the keyboard, then if you were not in the 'Style' selection display at the time, even though the folder would be listed and could be copied/pasted, any styles that were in the folder would not be included!  To copy a folder along with any styles that are in it, you must be in the 'Style' selection display.

Regards

Ian

Offline markstyles

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2018, 11:22:23 AM »
I too have found several issues with different usb sticks. some work, some don't, one usb stick will work, read styles, etc but for some reason, Tryos wouldn't read a firmware update off it. I had to fish thru my pile of usb stick, until I found one that did.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2018, 09:10:51 PM »
Always best to use a freshly formatted USB stick for updates.