Author Topic: Save a style and tempo from one registration to another without changing voices  (Read 3443 times)

Offline frozzers

I feel I should know this but I cannot figure it out.

Here is the scenario.

I have a song in a registration bank with all registrations set to Rumba Tempo 108. I like the voices for each registration and I now want to create a new bank using exactly the same voices used for the Rumba but this time with Cool Bossa Tempo 104 instead. So I change the style and tempo to Cool Bossa 104 and save it to Registration 1. In an ideal world, I just want to copy the new style and tempo to the other 7 registrations without changing anything else otherwise it's a bit tedious repeating the first button process. Is there a way to do that? I have tried various permutations of memory and freeze settings but the voices always change.

Hope someone can help.

Chris

Offline Fred Smith

I have a song in a registration bank with all registrations set to Rumba Tempo 108. I like the voices for each registration and I now want to create a new bank using exactly the same voices used for the Rumba but this time with Cool Bossa Tempo 104 instead. So I change the style and tempo to Cool Bossa 104 and save it to Registration 1. In an ideal world, I just want to copy the new style and tempo to the other 7 registrations without changing anything else otherwise it's a bit tedious repeating the first button process. Is there a way to do that? I have tried various permutations of memory and freeze settings but the voices always change.

You should be able to do it with Freeze. Try this:

1. Load Reg 1.
2. Turn on Freeze for Style and Tempo (ie, go to the Freeze screen, and ensure only Style and Tempo are checked; then turn on the Freeze button)
3. Load Reg 2. Your keyboard should show your style and tempo from Reg1, and your voices from Reg2.
4. Memorize Reg 2.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for your other registrations.
6. Save the registration bank.

Now turn Freeze off, and load each on of your registrations to ensure they do what you want.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: frozzers

Offline frozzers

Fred

Yes that did it. That will save me loads of time!

Thanks very much!

Chris