Author Topic: genos strings for t5 ?  (Read 7302 times)

illllm

genos strings for t5 ?
« on: March 08, 2018, 12:48:13 AM »
I just heard the strings section being played on the genos. Awesome and so authentic. Has anyone converted them for t5 use yet? Will the genos premium packs work on the t5 ?

thanks,

Offline Gunnar Jonny

Re: genos strings for t5 ?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 01:04:23 AM »
I just heard the strings section being played on the genos. Awesome and so authentic. Has anyone converted them for t5 use yet? Will the genos premium packs work on the t5 ?

Yes, Genos strings sounds real good, so do the rest of the sounds. :)
I don't think that Genos premium packs will work to be loaded at T5, and why should they?
All the Genos packs so far are excisting packs reworked to work as best possible at Genos. T5 versions of same packs is availiable in the webshop. ;)
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline pjd

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 02:51:03 AM »
I believe that the Genos Seattle strings are also in the Tyros 5. Yamaha changed the voice names. I suggest getting the Data List PDF for both the Genos and Tyros 5, and play matchy-matchy with the voice MSB, LSB and Program Change numbers.

The Kino strings are a different matter...

All the best, pj

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 05:32:11 AM »
The Real Strings in Ty5 have the same voice nos. as the  Genos "Seattle" strings which usually means the voice samples are the same. The first thing I noticed was that on Genos they are less harsh and more responsive to tweaking than on Ty5 which might be something to do with the Genos sound engine. They can be used by themselves but when layered with Kino strings suitably tweaked the combinations can provide fantastic realism, from Strauss Waltzes, to orchestral light music,  to symphony type orchestras when played full keyboard. 
I doubt whether the Kinos are a "convertible option" for Tyros5 for anyone other than Yamaha (presumably via packs assuming they are somehow motivated to go that route.)

John

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 08:19:50 AM »
I agree with John. The MSB and LSB numbers may be the same, but how the voice is processed between the T5 and Genos is the deal breaker. There's no way Yamaha will re-invent fantastic strings for the Genos, that sound exactly the same on a T5. They would be shooting themselves in the proverbial foot :)!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

illllm

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 10:10:37 AM »
https://youtu.be/o6etdGDyLnU

This was what I was talking about. Epic strings. Awesome !!!

illllm

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 10:13:17 AM »
Also , the person playing it has said it will load into the s970....so it could be imported into t5? :-\

illllm

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 11:06:47 AM »
Hmmmm....correct me if I am wrong but it looks like epic strings is from a UK based company?

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 04:00:43 PM »

thanks,

The wording of your post gave me (and probably others) the impression you were referring to the preset voices in Genos.

Epic strings,  available for Yamaha keyboards, are from Soundpacks.

https://www.soundpacks.co.uk/collections/genos-software/products/epic-strings-for-yamaha-s-series-tyros-and-genos

John
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 04:06:50 PM by jwyvern »

illllm

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018, 01:57:09 AM »
Hi John, yea  :P :-[ i thought it was from yamaha....but i later found out that it was from a UK company

Seagull29

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018, 04:10:37 AM »
Hi,

I'd like to hear these strings without FX ! There is a big lot of Delay and Swell in ! But the sound seems to be fine. I prefer the Tyros' sound, more thin with good vibrations.