Author Topic: Making registrations linked to onboard styles  (Read 4317 times)

Offline anandmaloo

Making registrations linked to onboard styles
« on: March 07, 2018, 01:28:39 PM »
Hi,

I am in the process of resetting all my T3 registration in Genos. It is a tedious one for sure.

Was just thinking if it was not better if I copy all the Genos preset styles to a separate folder within the User area and link all me new registrations only with those user area styles instead of Genos preset styles. That way it will be lot easier for me to not worry about resetting registrations next time I move to maybe a Genos 3 or 4 :)

Regards

Anand

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Making registrations linked to onboard styles
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 02:11:47 PM »
Hi,

I am in the process of resetting all my T3 registration in Genos. It is a tedious one for sure.

Was just thinking if it was not better if I copy all the Genos preset styles to a separate folder within the User area and link all me new registrations only with those user area styles instead of Genos preset styles. That way it will be lot easier for me to not worry about resetting registrations next time I move to maybe a Genos 3 or 4 :)

Regards

Anand

Yes, if you create user styles, then you’ll never have to "reset" registrations again.

But why upgrade to a Genos if you’re not going to use its presets? You could save a lot of money by sticking with your T3 if it’s got the presets you want.

I find the Genos presets to be much improved over my T4, and it intelligently substitutes for the presets it doesn't have. I’ve adjusted a few registrations because I didn’t like the style it chose, but certainly not very many.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Bud2

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 07:22:58 PM »
I agree Fred, why bother to get a Genos if you are not going to make new Registrations, it will take time but we'll worth the effort.
Bill

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 09:39:30 PM »
Hi Anand

I agree and I also never use a Yamaha Preset that is ON the keyboard. But then again, I don't use any Preset Yamaha styles "as is", I always change several things on every one of Yamaha's styles in order to make the style fit the song much, much better. Everything is run from my USB stick and backed up monthly to my pc and a second USB stick. I also keep six gig sets of styles (96) on my keyboard in the user area just in case the USB socket should ever fail.

I would rather set up new styles for new songs rather than spend my time going back and redoing 300 old song styles. LIFE'S to short. ;)

One thing I did upgrade going from my PSR-2000 to a PSR-S950 were my OTS with some of the newer voices as needed.

Regards
Drake
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 09:46:34 PM by DrakeM »