Author Topic: YEM "My Packs" question  (Read 4392 times)

Tankdave

YEM "My Packs" question
« on: March 24, 2018, 08:28:02 PM »
If I install a new pack in YEM, I appear to have to "tick" the new pack but I have to tick all the other packs too?
It seems if I only tick the new pack, it only installs the new pack and all the others dissapear from my Genos.

Ticking them all works OK, but having to re-install "everything" over & over again don't seem sensible and by doing so it  over-writes any Expansion pack regisration changes that you make with the default ones again.

Is this correct or am I "missing" something?

Thanks in advance

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline EileenL

Re: YEM "My Packs" question
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 08:53:24 PM »
Yes this is the way it has always worked. If I install new packs it dose not alter any registrations I have made from packs. They remain the same.

Tankdave

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 10:25:28 PM »
Thanks for confirming Eileen, it did change my "Best of Europe" regisrations for sure.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 12:25:12 AM »
Tankdave,

You have to select all the packs you want to install.  Anytime you install a new pack (or packs) the keyboard will format the Expansion memory so the new installation will be install without problems.  You cannot just add another pack to the existing packs already installed in the keyboard.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline valimaties

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 05:04:05 AM »
The only way you could have problems with registrations (and not only with registrations) is if you change LSB of an existing pack.
There is a process of install that don't erase/format memory of Yamaha's >= T5 keyboards, and this is Wireless installation of pack. Only on big changes it will format, for small changes it will leave all packs as there was last time and it will update edited content or insert new content.
But in both cases (install with ppi/cpi file or wireless) you have to select all the content which you want to have in the keyboard after installation process.

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos