Author Topic: Icons  (Read 4848 times)

Offline elvisfigredo

Icons
« on: March 06, 2018, 08:40:25 PM »
Hi Everybody, This is my first post. I have been reading all the posts here for a long time and I have gained fantastic knowledge here. I have the Genos now and I am loving every bit of it. I have a very simple request. Does anyone know how to change the icons for Midi files? I would like them to display Xt5 or Xt4 or even a picture as the icon for easy cataloguing and referencing. I have a big collection of pro midi files bought for different keyboards and I would like the icon to reflect that. Anyway I can do this? Anyone?
Thanks and Best Wishes to this forum
Elvis J Figredo

Offline MBedesem

Re: Icons
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 03:06:03 AM »
Elvis

The icon used is identified by text in the file name just prior to the file type, .mid, .sty , etc

For example: MySong.T553. mid

The icons available in Genos are identified here:

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,41534.msg326742.html#msg326742\

Regards,

Michael

Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5

Offline elvisfigredo

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 05:39:52 AM »
Hi Michael,
Thank you very much for your reply and information. I will check it out.
Regards,
Elvis J Figredo

Offline elvisfigredo

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 05:42:29 AM »
Hi again Michael,
Sorry to bug you but is there a way to make and add our own Icons?
Thanks and Regards,
Elvis J Figredo

Offline MBedesem

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 05:58:01 AM »
Elvis:

The icons are stored in the instrument and can not be modified (at least up to Tyros 5). I have no experience with Genos, but I suspect it is the same.

Regards,

Michael
Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 08:56:54 AM »
IMHO YAMAHA  earlier gave us better icons and I still use a lot of them from earlier Tyros instruments. Amazingly even though you could not call them up on Tyros 5, they would show up when you copied a  style you had given one of them and saved  the style on your PC.  I am sure a PC expert could make some icons that Genos would accept, but too few people would buy them  to make it worthwhile. There is a tendency to make icons "photographic masterpieces" which is misunderstanding their function. On the other hand the black icons on the Genos look too much the same due to having the same color and layout. 

keynote

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 11:05:13 PM »
Yamaha could very easily add more icons with an OS update. My Tyros 3 had multiple pages of icons and even then it was limited in scope in some ways. In other words, even more of a variety would be welcome in my opinion. As it stands now the Genos has just four pages of icons that don't even come close to meeting all the specific needs that a wider variety of icons would fulfill if Yamaha provided more of them. Doesn't hurt to ask I guess.

Mike