Author Topic: Request for technical information on the new easy link function used by Songbook  (Read 7487 times)

Offline reya

Hi all,

I am looking for the technical information on how to set up the link between a song on a tablet and a registration on Genos, as is currently offered by Songbook
It is probably an exchange of sysex midi messages.

Does anyone know if Yamaha published anything on that subject? As far as I can tell it is not documented in the february 22 version of the datalist manual.

A while back, something was posted on the subject on this thread by voodoo ..

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php?topic=40999.0

but it may be obsolete and also it is uncomplete as the reply from Genos is not mentioned ...
Any information of anybody using Songbook  and who is able to monitor the midi messages that are exchanged between the tablet and Genos would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Rudy
Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets

Offline voodoo

Rudy,

yes the protocol has changed with FW 1.20 and new version of Songbook. I can describe it later. 

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline Al Ram

Hello,

I am using SongBook  on iPad and linked to Genos registrations.  Working great. 

Additionally, installed Yamaha MD-BT01 wireless MIDI adaptor to connect Genos to iPad via Bluetooth.     Works flawlessly.

Attached.   

- Instructions to setup SongBook  with Genos
- SongBook  user manual.

Hope this helps.

[attachment deleted by admin]
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline reya

Rudy,

yes the protocol has changed with FW 1.20 and new version of Songbook. I can describe it later. 

Uli

Hi Uli,

Thanks, that would be greatly appreciated.

Rudy

Offline reya

Hello,

I am using SongBook  on iPad and linked to Genos registrations.  Working great. 

Additionally, installed Yamaha MD-BT01 wireless MIDI adaptor to connect Genos to iPad via Bluetooth.     Works flawlessly.

Attached.   

- Instructions to setup SongBook  with Genos
- SongBook  user manual.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for this information ! Al Ram