Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

Genos for sale - Back to Tyros 5

<< < (28/28)

wolfram:
Yes ,Eileen & Gerard.The genos is a super machine and even better than the tyros5.
I have no troubles with the Genos since i have it(30/10/2017
regards,
wolfram

dinapoli:

--- Quote from: guitpic1 on March 18, 2018, 10:27:48 PM ---Interesting thread.

Re: Lee’s comment about new players, I’m one.  I’m a guitar player who has had a great time playing arranger...though I’m not the best player. But I wouldn’t have tried to learn keyboard at all starting out in my 60’s if it hadn’t been for Yamaha arrangers.

To those of you who think Yamaha missed the boat building Genos from the ground up....

If you want something totally different...buy something different.  I bought a PA4X, very different from Yamaha...new OS to learn and all.  However, as great as the PA4X is, I missed the voices and styles of Yamaha....also missed the registration system.

Yamaha made just enough changes in Genos that got me to switch back.  Things like a touch screen, lighter keyboard, playlist, assignable knobs and sliders, a very upgradeable OS...well the list goes on.

Yamaha, IMHO, did the Genos in a very smart way, making huge changes in the structure of the board yet keeping those things that brought me back to Yamaha.

Like I said, if you want something different...buy something different.  Get a Korg PA4X, Roland arranger, or buy a stage piano and add a Ketron SD40 or Roland BK 9(I think that’s what it’s called).

I’m not suggesting that those posting shouldn’t offer constructive suggestions, that’s helpful. 

But it seems to me that some folks want the Genos to be something it isn’t and never will be. Those folks should look at buying something different than Genos.

😊For many years I used the Tyros 1 and 3, I was looking for a lighter keyboard.  I got a Ketron Audya 4 Arranger Modula, midied it with a Yamaha keyboard.  The styles of the Audya are good the voices are OK, now it takes longer to set-up, having back problem it is not easy to carry more items.  I was reading about GENOS the new arranger. does anyone knows a link where I can hear all the styles of this new arranger? 

Thank you
Gino
--- End quote ---

Joe H:

--- Quote from: Will49 on March 18, 2018, 07:49:59 PM ---... These modern arrangers may make some of us sound better than we did years ago, but it's not necessarily due to our playing ability as a lot of it is down to all that pre-recorded stuff jangling away inside the keyboard! Proper/”real musicians” are those who can turn all of that stuff off... and still sound amazing! ;)

Best regards,
Will49

--- End quote ---

That's a valid point of view, but when we try to make our own styles and Multi Pads... things change.  While the Preset styles can be referred to as "canned music" creating our own styles is not. The process of creating the entire music ourselves... That takes talent and skill. And when we play our own styles and Multi Pads it is our own music... all of it. 

;)

Joe H

dont811:

--- Quote from: Fred Smith on March 08, 2018, 12:31:32 PM ---If they are starting from scratch, I think the Genos is easier to learn, because it has a touch screen, which most people find more intuitive (witness the popularity of the iPad).Fred   
--- End quote ---

*** Fred,  You're "...because it has a touch screen."  makes my mouth salivate simply because I, just last night, began playing my  Korg I-30 WITH the touch screen. You see, my S910 had major issues with it's memory as I was attempting to change .rgt. It caused me to have a meltdown right at the beginning of the night. I had only wished I had my I-30 along for backup.  "because it has a touch screen..."  I have to look the Genos up just for kicks. Thanks, Don

8t8KEEZ:
The Yamaha Genos, and I have one, reminds me VERY much like the old Yamaha Organ Electones ... as well as the Lowrey Magic Genies or whatever those organs were that did all these sounds and sounded like a full orchestra....

In my opinion - The Genos is just that ... a single manual electone .... that's all ... nothing more ... nothing less ... I have ALWAYS been somewhat dissapointed with the Tyros ... and now, the Genos. As mentioned in a different thread I posted in, my Motif has the sequencer I want in the Genos ... primarily because in the Motif, you can record a "tempo" track, as well as have a single song that contains different time signature ... songs like 10,000 Reasons, which intermixes 4/4 with 2/4, and and Everlasting God, which does the same type of thing ....

Now - perhaps, through registration usage, this could be accomplished ... "maybe" ... I have to experiment ...

But - don't get me wrong ... I like the Genos ... I'm just not pleased calling it an arranger workstation ... because ... it isn't... I see a lot of older generations have this keyboard ... "why?" because it's easy to play ... You could play chords with one finger ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version