Author Topic: Price Age  (Read 4476 times)

sound4words

Price Age
« on: April 23, 2018, 02:44:27 AM »
Time & Price
I recently sold my PA3X and I am planning to get Genos but in regards to the price I really feel that it is very high. I conducted my own survey amongst my keyboard enthusiast friends and they all agree that Genos is very expensive compared to other keyboards.
In my own personal opinion the cost of living is so high that forking out for these luxuries is becoming virtually impossible these days!
As you know every time we buy these costly keyboards then we end up selling them or part exchange etc. for next to nothing! Please note I am not saying that I don’t get nothing out of this I mean I know that I have used the keyboard and produced music from it and I appreciate the technology and designing that’s gone into Genos but just talking in regards to the finance part because day by day everything just keeps going up so it’s my request to Yamaha that they should really think about the price point and how much the average Joe can actually afford!   

DonM

Re: Price Age
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 03:09:52 AM »
Unfortunately Yamaha's market for this product is not ordinary people.  It is mostly for well-to-do retirees or people with lots of extra money, or those who simply consider it a top priority. 
The things are selling like hotcakes, so they aren't going to drop the price.
Having said this, you don't have to pay list price, or even MSRP.  If you are in the U.S. you can get one for around $4,200. shipped.  Might have to wait on more to reach the U.S. though.
And that's STILL a lot of money.  :)

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 12:25:59 PM »
I am paying $1080 a year for the internet and phone land line. That is expensive too .. over just the next 10 years that is $10,800 (minimum) .. so the Genos sounds cheap compared to getting it and keeping it 10 years. Also, the cable company is going to jack up the cost of my internet every year for the next 10 years and that I have not figured into this example. :o

Life is expensive at times. ;D

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 09:13:58 PM »
Like any listed company, Yamaha Corporation exists to make profits for its shareholders.

I do agree that the Genos has what I call a "premium tax" of about £1000 which they charge just because they can. But I don't see that changing while they are still selling so well.

Offline Ingar

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 03:10:50 AM »
Unfortunately Yamaha's market for this product is not ordinary people.  It is mostly for well-to-do retirees or people with lots of extra money, or those who simply consider it a top priority. 
The things are selling like hotcakes, so they aren't going to drop the price.
Having said this, you don't have to pay list price, or even MSRP.  If you are in the U.S. you can get one for around $4,200. shipped.  Might have to wait on more to reach the U.S. though.
And that's STILL a lot of money.  :)
There is always what the market is willing to pay that sets the price of a product.
One can not blame Yamaha for taking advantage of that opportunity to make money.

If people do not want to pay that much, then the price would have been adjusted down to an acceptable level. I'm lying low for the moment to see if the price goes down.