Author Topic: Organ Session from Easy Sounds  (Read 5421 times)

Offline voodoo

Organ Session from Easy Sounds
« on: March 05, 2018, 01:00:50 AM »
Hi,

There is a new expansion pack called Organ Session that makes use of stacking two DSPs on one voice in order to get a distorted rotary sound for organ voices using the built in rotary effect. It uses sampled organ voices as well as the organ flutes of Genos.

Has anybody tried this pack? I think this will be really interesting.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline StuartR

Re: Organ Session from Easy Sounds
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 03:00:33 AM »
Hi,

There is a new expansion pack called Organ Session that makes use of stacking two DSPs on one voice in order to get a distorted rotary sound for organ voices using the built in rotary effect. It uses sampled organ voices as well as the organ flutes of Genos.

Has anybody tried this pack? I think this will be really interesting.

Uli
I think I bought that for Montage. Meh...
Wound up with a used Neo Vent.

Offline pjd

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 10:10:46 PM »
Hi Uli --

Just found a demo video for the Montage version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N54Ef4vX6oo

The demo has the organ sound over bass/drums/etc. which makes it a little hard to judge. That darned distorted guitar, for example, gets in the way of the organ overdrive.

Thanks to the screen shots, it's possible to see how the organ was programmed for the Montage. Some voices make use of two Montage Performance parts (eight voice elements each). For example, one part handles the first eight drawbars and the second part handles the percussion and 1'.

The pack doesn't sound too bad and Peter has been developing sounds for a looooooooong time. I remember hearing some of his work in TG-500 days.  :)

Stuart has a good point. Peter tweaked the rotary parameters, etc., but he's still stuck with Yamaha's algorithms, like us.

The price isn't too bad, either. I'm just flat out of time for the next month, so this might have to wait...

I'll keep poking around -- pj

Offline pjd

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 10:18:27 PM »
More quick thoughts ...

Musicsoft still has the Easy Sounds "Live Organ" pack instead of "Organ Session." I imagine that Peter will sell "Organ Session" through Musicsoft soon. Don't know if there will be a price differential. "Live Organ" is $42 USD, which is really a decent price -- not a wallet buster.

I didn't care for the sound of "Live Organ." Maybe wait and hear Musicsoft demos for "Organ Session"? I'm definitely curious to see and hear how Peter implemented drawbar control on the Genos.

-- pj
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 11:17:57 PM by pjd »

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 10:56:52 PM »
Hi pj

Genos Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oELf4TSlGok

I don't think Organ Session features realtime drawbar control.
Regards, Michael

The following users thanked this post: pjd

Offline StuartR

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 12:43:54 AM »
Hi pj

Genos Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oELf4TSlGok

I don't think Organ Session features realtime drawbar control.
Can you tell if the Leslie speaker in the demo has a stereo presence or is just center channel (mono)? The Neo Vent, for example, has a wonderful stereo field and my fellow musicians take notice.