Author Topic: Midi Foot controller  (Read 6822 times)

allan

Midi Foot controller
« on: March 04, 2018, 06:53:27 PM »
Hi does any know if the Yamaha Midi Foot controller will work with the pro s970 I have been told by a guy that he thinks the drivers are not int he PSR s970 but are in the tyros

regards
allan

Lofty(dave)

Re: Midi Foot controller
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 03:15:52 AM »

Hi Allan When I had the tyros4 I bought the Yamaha expression pedal then I exchanged it for the S970 and it does work with it , it does tend to go to sustain but you can set it to volume .and lock it hope this helps Lofty (Dave)

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 08:50:49 AM »
Hi Allan,

the S970 has NO so called "MFC10 tab" in MIDI setup. This means, a MIDI foot pedal (like Yamaha MFC10) can NOT be used in the "normal" way (as usual with Tyros models) to switch certain functions by sending NOTE events.

You can use SysEx and Control Change (CC) commands, of course, to control the S970 by an external MIDI (foot) controller. But these commands must be programmed/stored in the external controller. On S970, you have only the "Receive" tab in MIDI setup, but NO MFC10 tab, so you can NOT set a certain MIDI channel to use incoming NOTE commands for controlling "switch functions" of the S970.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 08:53:28 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

chikitin

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 01:33:36 PM »