Author Topic: LSB for Yamaha's packs - question  (Read 6515 times)

Offline valimaties

LSB for Yamaha's packs - question
« on: March 02, 2018, 05:31:29 PM »
Hi.

Last night I start working on my own soft (for now is only for test) which want to manage the files from YEM (voices, styles, registrations, etc)... I managed to parse (at least I though) the structure of xml files (from appdata's YEM folder) but I saw something strange: I found two voices that are included in two packs (Latin-S970 and BestOfEurope_S970) that have the same MSB LSB PC inside xml information tag. On the Latin S970 PackList file, on Voice No.37 (BallroomDrumKit2) they say MSB=126 LSB=1 and PC(*1)=6, (*1= 1-based which means 5 in 0-based). I didn't find the BestOfEurope_S970 PackList, on their site the PackList from "Europe (Best of Collection)" page, they say it is for T4, not for S970, which have other MSB, LSB, PC.

How they manage this by midi events?! They replace voiceLsb from xml with LSB from .serial file (of pack)?!

Look the print screens:

1. Pack Order of LSB in YEM

2. Pack indexes and LSB from .serial file

3. Index of voice in pack's .index file

4. Voice MSB, LSB and PC from xml file

Regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 05:38:56 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline valimaties

Re: LSB for Yamaha's packs - question
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 10:57:02 PM »
I think the best solution is to find out in my keyboard, looking at what keyboard shows in voice info at LSB :)

I will do that when I get home, now I'm at work :) I was too tired last night when I did this thing at home (at 2 AM) :)

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Misu

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 02:35:29 AM »
Hi Vali,

MPO is the LSB is not fixed to pack. Every load on YEM my packs have different LSB.
For this I don't care too much except my personal rule, never take out (erase) a pack (where I make modifications) from the YEM without export PPF/CPF.
When in 2 packs YEM see the same voice (even the name is different) YEM apply some hidden rules and you can see how for example a style from pack 1 works with a drum from the pack 2.
Just happen to me, IGNORE, after you will erase the pack 2 the style will come back. This just happen to me - checked.
And to me was different Romanian Drum Kit and Kit 3 Ro.
So LSB appear when a pack come to YEM to have an order -Yamaha solution to can install many packs.
MSB is important and these mix appear special to the original packs where all the voices are on 63-64 for example and all drums on ...127.
When I need to know the YEM LSB is, if I modify some styles and save on the internal memory, is better to be on an folder with NAME&LSB or even better to attach to the pack asap.
Better in Romanian but...

Regards
Mihai
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10

Offline valimaties

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 02:59:51 AM »
As I know, MSB 62 and 63 are only for users. I don't think Yamaha will create a pack with these MSBs. And these 2 are the types of voices and drums. LSBs are the order of packs inside keyboard/YEM . But these 2 voices I found are from 2 different packs from Yamaha collection so I was a little disturbed about the same variables  ::)

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline pjd

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 03:33:12 AM »
Mihai and Vali,

Thanks for investigating and report this information. It would be great if it was published in the YEM Owner's Manual. (Maybe I missed it.  ??? )

Take care -- pj

Offline Misu

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 03:51:21 AM »
Hi,

Sure, I made a mistake, yes 62 & 63 is MSB for users, in fact for me not MSB but Program change (001-128) is everything.
My drum mix was between a personal pack and Yamaha Pack so I spouse that 62 & 63 is for any kind of custom pack.
Yamaha didn't show us the Program change numbers even on PPF file.

Regards
Mihai

Offline valimaties

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 04:46:27 AM »
Hi,

Sure, I made a mistake, yes 62 & 63 is MSB for users, in fact for me not MSB but Program change (001-128) is everything.
My drum mix was between a personal pack and Yamaha Pack so I spouse that 62 & 63 is for any kind of custom pack.
Yamaha didn't show us the Program change numbers even on PPF file.

Regards
Mihai

These are two screenshots that I've made right now on my Genos. As you see, there are two different packs from Yamaha (they are bought), and 3 of Drum Kits  has the same MSB, LSB and PC. The only think I have know, is these are the same voices used in different packs, they don't care about the LSB from YEM, but those from their packs, when MSB is not 62 or 63.

Misu... you can view the PC in xml file, but is a bit of work :) (I'm developing my program to easy view all these parameters and settings from installed packs in YEM :D )
And by the way, 62 is used only for Drum Voices, and 63 only for Normal voices. (Is the Most Significant Byte as the definition says)

Edited:
What would happening if I use one of those three drum kits in a style from Latin Pack, for example, and for some reasons I delete that pack? It will load the sound from Best of Europe automatically?!  ??? ??? ???

Regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 05:00:54 AM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Misu

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 02:15:08 PM »
Hi Vali,

Strange indeed, you will become an expert of Genos and YEM. Unfortunately it is your time and some of issue can be just bugs.
For <EDITED> I think YES. Copy for us a sty from LATIN on user internal memory and don't load the pack, probably the voices will migrate to Best of Europe

Regards
Misu

Offline Joe H

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 01:11:39 AM »
I don't know why YEM displays the Yamaha packs in the LSB screen, since they use a different MSB than 062/063.  It is very confusing the first time you see that.  Since I don't have a whole lot of User packs, I just assign my packs some other number different from the Yamaha packs.

Joe H

« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 01:14:00 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html