Author Topic: Keyboard Split Point Question  (Read 7066 times)

Tankdave

Keyboard Split Point Question
« on: March 01, 2018, 11:30:38 PM »
Oh yes, I've moved on to that now.

Trying to find a way to set the "Right 3" octave adjustment to say "-2" and stay that way.

If I set up a R-3 sound and set a R-3 split point to use the top keyboard octave the notes are therefore too high a pitch.

I have found I can then set the voice octave adjustment using the direct-access, but this issue is going to affect the R-3 sound "every" time, hence trying to find a way to permanantly set this high-end of the keyboard to a lower octave.

I dont think it is possible, but I know very little.

Offline valimaties

Re: Keyboard Split Point Question
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 02:25:22 AM »
Hi Dave
I made a test in my keyboard, and I have setup Upper Octave to -1 (this is global transpose), The R3 I have setup to -2, and R1 and R2 (because of -1 on octave) I set the octave to  1. I don't know what you play on that R3 if you want to make the sound lower than it can be right that. This settings I have saved in registration (Both Voice and Style checked, because of Split Grouping of L,R1,R2 and R3). Attention to Parameter lock of Split...

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Tankdave

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 10:24:51 PM »
I done some more testing, one Reg saved with an R3 split and -2 octave tune on R3 sound, the other Reg with no R3 split at all.

I find that the Reg does not save the split detail. This is OK but if i set a -2 octave tune to R3 sound and then change this R3 sound it will loose the -2 octave tune setting, this is what I was trying to overcome.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 10:44:20 PM »
I find that the Reg does not save the split detail. 

It is not true, registration keep Split Point. You have to uncheck the chekbox from Utililty -> Parameter Lock.

According to Data List, page 88 "Split&Fingering" the Split will save in Registration as

Split&Fingering
Split Point(Left) in Style Group
Split Point(Style) in Style Group
Split Point(Right3) in Voice Group

so you need to check Style and Voice when save the registration.

On the Next Page, 89, you have Part Octave, and it will save in registration as All right parts under the Voice Group and Left under the Style Group.

So also, you need Voice and Style groups checked!

Be attention to Parameter Lock in Utility for Split, to be unchecked!!!

Edited:
    If you select another voice by using Part Select (or touch screen) it is normal to load the default octave for that voice. You want a voice with already down 2 octaves, save as a user voice (I did not test).
But I think you have to select what voice you like to change on R3 (it will reset octave) go and press octave - two times to get a -2 octave value, and save to another registration. You only have to switch between registrations!

Regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 10:49:19 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 10:49:02 PM »

I find that the Reg does not save the split detail. This is OK but if i set a -2 octave tune to R3 sound and then change this R3 sound it will loose the -2 octave tune setting, this is what I was trying to overcome.

Yes that is expected because when you change to a different voice it brings its own default octave settings in with it which is in almost all cases not -2.   
There are a number of ways to work  around this, 2 of the less confusing ones being:
1. Change the R3 voice to a new one then adjust its octave to -2 before saving a 2nd registration (with at least Voice ticked to save voice, its octave and the R3 split point. If you want other split points besides R3 to be saved make sure style is also ticked).
Then use the registrations to cause the voice changes.
2. Decide what voices you might want to change to. One by one alter their octaves to -2 and save each to a user voice file, and store the files in a convenient folder.
Now you can manually change the voice in R3 to these because each will bring in its -2 octave as you select it.
John     

After I posted I discovered Vali had already replied. Since there is no conflict and I had already put the time in I left mine here. :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 10:59:25 PM by jwyvern »

Offline valimaties

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 02:23:10 AM »
Yes John...
Seems while I have edited my post you post the same ideea! Nice :))

Great regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Tankdave

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 03:34:35 AM »
Thanks Guy's, I will try this over the weekend

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 05:18:03 AM »
I find that the Reg does not save the split detail.

The split point is part of the Style group. To get a registration to save the split point, ensure you check the Style box when memorizing.

You can also stop a registration from changing your split point with Parameter Lock.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Tankdave

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2018, 06:14:55 PM »
Parameter Lock was already ticked, I think this is what was stopping the R3 split changing for me, even when changing registrations.

To the likes of me that have never had an arranger before, let alone a Tyros, the Genos is a beast of options & tick boxes to get to grips with and get wrong.

Thanks again chaps

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2018, 07:36:28 PM »
The parameter lock is a very good thing to use if you are going to be using registrations from other sources as different people use different split points and it will make sure your own selection is not altered.
  If however you are only going to use things you set up yourself then leave it unticked.