Author Topic: S910 startup  (Read 9509 times)

darrenkuy

S910 startup
« on: February 28, 2018, 02:14:26 PM »
Played for a Dance this evening. When powering up my s910, it wouldn’t boot past the welcome/logo screen. After removing all cables and thumb drive, and another couple of attempts, it started as normal. Any ideas what could cause this?

Offline travlin-easy

Re: S910 startup
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 10:38:04 PM »
Did you have a USB drive plugged in? This may have been the problem.

Gary
Love Those Yammies...

darrenkuy

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 02:50:42 AM »
1st & 2nd attempt, I did have a usb thumb drive plugged in. After that I unplugged everything (usb, both foot pedals, and audio cables. Still did the same thing. After about 4 tried, it started up as normal. I did make a b/u of the usb drive just in case the drive was going bad. Didn’t know if this had happened to anyone before. Seems to be working fine now though. Just a little scary 5 minutes before a job to not have it turn on.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 03:02:35 AM »
That must be horrible!! Maybe you shoul check the power adapter?
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

dont811

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 11:34:04 PM »
3/29/18 10:30AM EDT   Hi Darrenkuy, I'm happy to read you got thru it & was able to do your gig. Me ? I wasn't so lucky I guess:
 I recently performed my 1st gig in over 2 years last
Friday, along w/ a guitar player.
At the beginning of the gig, my S910's  ability to load & reload all my precious .reg files failed me ! I could not load even .mp3 backing files for the singer. I had a meltdown as I scrambled on-the-fly to locate usable styles which made for not only dead air-but the worse gig-from-**** I have ever
experienced. Perhaps the  memory (of the 910) went down the tubes ?  I thought i had all the backups on the flash drive. Nothing worked for me. I was embarrassed for the guitarist and for me as well. I let him down as well
as myself. Oh, EVERYTHING worked fine during our 4
rehearsals.  I just have to re-learn from it.  Which is why I am back on this GREAT forem - to LEARN.  Happy Easter.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 06:11:06 AM by dont811 »

The following users thanked this post: Kobus

Pino

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 12:50:51 AM »
The PSR 910 is a fine keyboard, try to repair it,
I would happily gig with mine,
The sound is more mellow than the S970
Good for big band, ballads and orchestral songs
I think the editing tools are identical to the Tyros range

Mine does not like it if I have an USB hub connected.

Pino

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 09:56:21 AM »
Don, these things usually only occur when a corrupt file has been loaded. The simple, quick solution would have been to shut down the keyboard for 10 seconds, then hold down the rightmost white key while powering up, thus performing a minor system restoration. At that point, you would likely have been able to continue on as usual without all the headaches.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...