Author Topic: Extracting wav from ppi ppf?  (Read 19591 times)

axnvdmsg

Extracting wav from ppi ppf?
« on: February 27, 2018, 06:02:35 PM »
Help to extract wav from ppi ppf to reduce the frequency of wav files being discredited and to reduce the extension package from 770 to 670.

Offline pjd

Re: Extracting wav from ppi ppf?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 10:23:28 PM »
Hi --

On Windows, if someone wants to, they can poke around the installed packs in:

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Yamaha\Expansion Manager\Packs\

where XXX is your user name. One needs to be aware, however, that YEM uses a database manager that names directories and files with Global Unique Identifiers (GUID) instead of human readable names. You can find waveform files within the pack directories. The pack directories contain two hidden files -- .index and .catalog -- which assist navigation a little bit.

If you're lucky, a waveform file may be in a standard format (e.g., WAV). Yamaha protected content is usually in their proprietary format which is virtually unsupported by third party tools. Yamaha compression is their secret sauce.

You can also find UVF voice definition files down there, too.

If you go exploring, good luck! Be prepared to deal with highly cryptic naming and be ready to identify file formats, etc. by magic numbers. Also, whatever you do, don't change anything unless you really, really know what you're doing...

Have fun -- pj

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 10:25:44 PM by pjd »

axnvdmsg

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 04:55:52 PM »
Thanks but I knew C: \ Users \ XXX \ AppData \ Local \ Yamaha \ Expansion Manager \ Packs \
52e02364e879c417b8e64bf5c390ef95092a3719
055fc494d9cd950ff03f09e49d5f1879683e3125
??????? unknown format can not be opened by any audio converter

Offline pjd

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 09:30:27 PM »
Yamaha proprietary format audio files cannot be opened by any known DAW or editing tool. It's protected content.

That's the way it goes...

-- pj

Offline alka

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 11:00:16 PM »
If wave type "Linear_16", you can open it in Audacity import RAW. 

drsalim

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 06:45:41 AM »
Hello there...

It is possible to reach Wave file from ppf.

All information is available in XML tags.

I wrote a simple program that is relevant to this topic.

Program can now read ppf data of 3rd person and export wave data.

But Yamaha's official ppf files are not yet open.

Demo Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i30W0N9dbBM
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 07:22:12 AM by drsalim »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 10:37:24 PM »
Official Yamaha Voices are copy right so can not be change  or copied.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 11:58:44 PM »
drsalim

Yamaha proprietary format audio files cannot be opened by any known DAW or editing tool. It's protected content.

That's the way it goes...

-- pj

I don't think you will be successful.  Why do you want to do that anyway.  It would be stealing.  If you want the Yamaha sounds... buy a Yamaha keyboard with the sounds you want.

Joe H
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 12:00:27 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

drsalim

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 05:05:43 AM »
My goal is not to export Yamaha's sounds anyway.
my goal is to fix corrupted wave files in 3rd party PPFs
(loop point, late start point etc ...)

Even if I export Yamaha's sounds, it will not work ...

Because I already use Yamaha ...

Offline Joe H

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2018, 06:30:51 AM »
Thank you for the explanation.

:)

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: Bill

alcotaibacache@gmail.com

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2020, 11:14:14 AM »
Hello, sorry for the bad translation. I have a psr s950 and I have several expansions, which I would like to have instantly, but it is not possible to have them all installed, I would like to extract the audio files from the pack in YEP format, to convert them to sf2 or kmp, for my use personal, since installing the pack and resampling would be very tedious. Is this possible to do?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 11:19:59 AM by alcotaibacache@gmail.com »

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2021, 08:52:03 PM »
Maybe this helps you a little
https://youtu.be/2a_dQgP3cWM

Offline Misu

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2021, 09:02:04 AM »
From time to time, I use this little program, with all his problems, it still allows me to save almost all the voices that I do not have UVN, SF2 or waves.
He is the only one who does justice to the injustice of taking over personal work in creating a voice by import as a Yamaha voice and no export solution.
Here are the steps to use, difficult but worth it.
1. From the pack where you have the voice, save it as PPF.
2. Open with the PPF to Wav software.
3. If there are several Voice Multi-samplers, activate one and export.
4. Wave will be found in the Export folder in the program installation folder.
5. My advice is to move them to a working directory, to identify the next ones more easily.
6. Unfortunately the software has two problems, both solvable with A-wave.
A. The obtained wave is very big behind it has a lot of useless information - open in A-wave one or all the waves and with CUT remove everything that is extra then Apply and Save.
The result is perfect.
B. If there was a Loop it was lost so, it must be redone with A-wave or another program.
The result is not always the same - depending on everyone's skill.
7. Having as initial PPF model now we can, in YEM, rebuild the voice according to our desire, in this case, with fewer waves, and we also have the necessary material in the eventual configuration of a voice for another keyboard, or software, or even an element of a voice Yamaha which as we know can only be done wav by wav.
Note: For me, this software is pure gold.
Success!
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10

The following users thanked this post: Taffinator

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2022, 04:44:48 PM »
From time to time, I use this little program, with all his problems, it still allows me to save almost all the voices that I do not have UVN, SF2 or waves.
Well... for me, this program (the PPF to wave thing) is usually not that great. I am trying to use it to convert different expansion pack voices from ppf to wav, but almost all of the voices are an octave higher than they should be. Lowering the pitch after exporting makes it lower quality, so I don't know what to do. Usually, only one or two voices come out right. Is there anything I can do to fix this?