Author Topic: Can Super articulation voices like saxophone be adjusted  (Read 5479 times)

Cachou123

Can Super articulation voices like saxophone be adjusted
« on: February 25, 2018, 01:21:58 PM »
When using for example, breath saxophone, is there a way to adjust or control the bend and duration when I press the art button
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 01:23:12 PM by Cachou123 »

Online EileenL

Re: Can Super articulation voices like saxophone be adjusted
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 12:20:26 AM »
No this is fixed

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 09:43:21 PM »
Another solution is to pick a Sax that sounds close to the SA Sax and apply the pitch bend manually. You have to be quick though - or the pitch bend can be assigned to a foot pedal.

Sound right to you, Eileen?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 10:45:26 PM »
Another solution is to pick a Sax that sounds close to the SA Sax and apply the pitch bend manually. You have to be quick though - or the pitch bend can be assigned to a foot pedal.

You can use pitch bend with SA2 saxes, so you don't need to choose a different one if you are happy to use the left hand for it.
Otherwise an alternative is to set a foot pedal to Glide and use that. You can set the Depth of bend, speed  on and off and whether up or down in those settings. (Better than an Art button!).
John 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 10:50:18 PM by jwyvern »

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 10:55:04 PM »
John, the SA Saxes have an on board pitch bend when the SA button is pushed prior to keying the note. Won't a "double bend" be added?? I'm confused :).

I do the same as you. I set my registration to trigger the pitch bend with my piano sustain pedal. (Works great for the Pedal Steel too. It takes a bit of practice, but it works!) That leaves both hands free for playing.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 11:38:24 PM »
Hi Lee,
I was assuming you were referring to sole use of the Tyros pitch bend wheel to give the bend, (without using the SA2 button)  where SA2 voices behave similarly to other voices (No double bends). Maybe you had a different approach in mind, which I missed?

John

Online EileenL

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 12:24:17 AM »
Yes of course you can use the pitch bend wheel but the members was asking if he could adjust the Super Art. button.

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 01:46:14 AM »
You're right John. We're on the same page with that idea.

Eileen, agreed about the preset bend - you can't alter it. Too bad :). Maybe in Genos 7 (LOL)!