Author Topic: Suitable midi channel settings for recording in an external DAW  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Cleverson

Suitable midi channel settings for recording in an external DAW
« on: February 25, 2018, 12:38:52 AM »
Hello all, I have an s970 and need to record some midi tracks into a DAW, which in my case is Reaper. I've connected the PSR to my audio interface using two standard midi cables (in/out), since the interface supports midi (it's a PreSonus Audiobox). Then I've set the track parameters in Reaper, and recorded one midi track successfully.

The problem is, when I record a second track, all of notes, patch changes, etc., are reflected in the first track, not in the second track alone as I wanted. I guess this has to do with channel settings for transmitting and receiving events, so I went read the s970 refference manual at chapter 10, but after changing some midi settings in the keyboard, no luck so far.

In Reaper, I've set my second track midi's input and output to channel 2, so as not to be the same as the first track's channel 1. Then I went to edit the midi template in the keyboard and apparently chose channel 2 as well, but nothing appears changed, e.g., recording a second track in Reaper reflects in the first track.

Have someone done that already to give me a tip please?

Thanks all.
Cleverson