Author Topic: GENOS ON PSR S970 :o  (Read 64258 times)

computec1349

Re: GENOS ON PSR S970 :o
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2018, 11:18:52 PM »
He says, but I do not believe him, he's going to want us to buy his gigs disk.

MFrost

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2018, 08:23:36 AM »
It is only expansion pack not a firmware. You can not damage the instrument. You get ppf file with a lot of voices (with s. art voices) e.g cfx piano, rhodes, genos pad, strings, guitar, revo drums...and 125 styles using these sounds. You also get very well arranged audio styles. There are no audio styles in any official pack. You can combine the genos expansion pack with other packs with YEM. The voices and audio styles really occupy the most memory of pack. What else do you want to know? There is no philosophy here and there is nothing to be afraid of.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2018, 09:10:56 AM »

You can create MegaVoices? :O :O :O

I could... but why bother?

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Joe H

« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2018, 09:14:45 AM »
Hi Guys, i'm using this pack already on my T5, and it is working perfectly :) we compared the drums with original genos Revo drums and it is almost the same :) for 60$ ??? why not :)

I just love how all these newcomers are posting about the so called Genos pack.

How come there are not any long-time forum members posting that they bought this pack?

???    ???    ???

;D

Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2018, 09:28:01 AM »
I could... but why bother?

Joe H

It’s imposible to create Megavoices with Yem! Please teach me how to do that?

Offline Joe H

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2018, 12:43:17 PM »

It’s imposible to create Megavoices with Yem! Please teach me how to do that?

Oh really... first you need the right samples, then you have to know the format and the Velocity range of each sample.  I think it is possible to do it in YEM if you understand how Yamaha creates them.  The information is in the Data List Book.

I'm recovering from an illness and am too busy with other things to give a coarse on how to create Mega Voices... maybe in a couple of years.

;D

Joe H

Offline panos

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2018, 03:02:13 PM »
From youtube comments

KeyboardTips Corporation

Hello, this firmware is a beta version, its a work of different programmers but we are worked for release on next months.

====================
From youtube comments

KeyboardTips Corporation
Yes, Yamaha says that the update is your decision, and you take the risk of damage on your keyboard. Because a change of no authorized firmware can damage your software.

KeyboardTips Corporation

But, our software was created with specifications of Yamaha and you can sure that this firmware is correct. Coming soon we will release a expansion pack with some sounds and styles of Genos, but now we are working and develop the tecnology Revo! on the PSR-S series.

===================
2nd video of the pack has been removed by the user
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVNxusLSLUg&feature=youtu.be

===================
Suddenly the pack is also working with a Tyros 5 while was a pack made for s970/s975...
Quote from: computec1349 on February 23, 2018, 22:42:56

Hello everyone, yesterday I met the Keyboardtips team. They are really working on a kind of firmware and expansion pack. It's incredible they managed to place the revo technology! in the PSR-S970, they are also working to place it in the Tyros series. We should support this type of project, instead of demeaning the work of these people.

Hi Guys, i'm using this pack already on my T5, and it is working perfectly :) we compared the drums with original genos Revo drums and it is almost the same :) for 60$ ??? why not :)
=====================
3rd video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzYN01V6_0E&lc=z23jhn5aktflintc4acdp4314ampoit4jibqgpnnmwxw03c010c

The guy is wearing a Yamaha T hirt but he doesn't sell any Yamaha made product.
======================
When they started to sell the pack was sold in a PPI format nd the user has got to sent them the n27 file from his instrument so it could work.
Then they managed as he says to make a ppf format.

So, I have purchased the pack and I'm here to share the details as I promised earlier:

First of all, Francisco - the guy who did this - is a great guy, very friendly and speaks little English, but he understands it well, dealing with him was very straightforward and easy. I basically sent him my n27 Instrument file, and he took about 1 hour to upload a 610MB (Yes 610 Mega Bytes) in a PPI format to a trusted file hosting website (WeTransfer) and I immediately downloaded it afterwards.

1. It's in PPI format, and that means that ONLY this pack can be installed on your instrument if you choose to install it. You cannot combine it with any other content from other packs that you might have.

Francisco has promised that very soon, he will provide PPF file instead of the PPI one. And as per why he is doing a PPI file now, he says its because he uses a different tool to generate the file.

====================
If it is just an simple expansion pack why nobody said so from the very beginning and keep us in the darkness anyway?

garymoore

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2018, 03:15:09 PM »
The pack is very interesting, contains a lot of unique stuff, for sure deserve attention, it contains instruments that use a technique that is hard to reproduce with YEM alone , i think XML stuff were modified manually to achieve these results, we can learn a lot from these files and Keyboardtips guys can teach as some new stuff(if they want).

Pino

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2018, 04:01:47 PM »
Hi panos,   keep calm

They are on our side, it’s for musicians  :)

Did you get anything free or low cost from Yamaha ?  :(

Did Yamaha ever make any programme that could edit styles or voices?

Pino
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 12:35:02 AM by Pino »

Offline mheuzeroth

« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2018, 12:13:53 AM »
I just love how all these newcomers are posting about the so called Genos pack.

How come there are not any long-time forum members posting that they bought this pack?

???    ???    ???

;D

Joe H

I bought it. Its just a Pack,  not a modified system-update.
You dont have to be worry.
I am a longtime user.

Offline bernamato

« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2018, 05:45:39 AM »
me 2

Offline Joe H

« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2018, 05:59:45 AM »
I bought it. Its just a Pack,  not a modified system-update.
You dont have to be worry.
I am a longtime user.

Ten posts in the last year and a half?

Joe H
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 03:42:42 AM by Joe H »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2018, 06:01:26 AM »
me 2

Really?  Ten posts in ten months?

Joe H

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

arvacon

« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2018, 09:54:02 AM »
Me 2!!!
Oh wait, it's not 1st April anymore..  :P :D 8) ::)

Offline Henni

« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2018, 02:31:42 AM »
Wow!!!

Why the hostility? Buy it or don't buy it. It's just another EXPANSION pack - and a GOOD one it is! I guarrantee no one is going to become rich in the process. I am AMAZED by the agressiveness lately. And from some that I admire over here for all their outstanding contributions? I guarrantee that if this pack could fit into my S770 that would have had a Genos like sounding PSR by now. I am already sorry I did not purchase A S970 instead! If I did I would have already posted a in depth review over here.

**** man, not all of us can afford a Genos or a Tyros and this is the second next best thing to owing one. Things sure changed a lot lately. Let's be civilized and give each other some space here. These guys did a great job - others could have done the same, yet they did it. Those styles sound very similar the the ones played direct on the Genos and we were told a new platform was required to achieve this. My hat off to these guys.

There are many other packs out there - this is just another one. Let it be...

Henni
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 12:56:35 PM by Henni »
...Fly Forever!

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

arvacon

« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2018, 02:45:20 AM »
This topic went far because they confused us at beginning, as they were mentioning this pack as new firmware for s970 and not as expansion pack.
I guess if they were just saying we offer a new expansion pack, noone would have any problem.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2018, 03:46:52 AM »
Wow!!!

Why the hostly? Buy it or don't buy it. It's just another EXPANSION pack - and a GOOD one it is! I guarrantee no one is going to become rich in the process. I am AMAZED by the agressiveness lately....

Henni

As a businessman for 37 years, I see this as very poor marketing.  I have not been hostile, just challenging those who are promoting the pack and give no details.  Where are the seasoned members whom we know and can trust who have bought the pack.

I'm happy with my S970 with my custom 600 additional sounds.  I wouldn't trade them for the 125 sounds comes in that pack.

Joe H
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 08:32:18 AM by Joe H »

Offline Toril S

« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2018, 06:13:41 AM »
I am skeptical as well.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline niayinii

« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2018, 07:19:56 AM »
i  have the  pack and  works  well on my  t5 as  well

Pino

« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2018, 10:59:53 AM »
Wow!!!

Why the hostly? Buy it or don't buy it. It's just another EXPANSION pack - and a GOOD one it is! I guarrantee no one is going to become rich in the process. I am AMAZED by the agressiveness lately. And from some that I admire over here for all their outstanding contributions? I guarrantee that if this pack could fit into my S770 that would have had a Genos like sounding PSR by now. I am already sorry I did not purchase A S970 instead! If I did I would have already posted a in depth review over here.

**** man, not all of us can afford a Genos or a Tyros and this is the second next best thing to owing one. Things sure changed a lot lately. Let's be civilized and give each other some space here. These guys did a great job - others could have done the same, yet they did it. Those styles sound very similar the the ones played direct on the Genos and we were told a new platform was required to achieve this. My hat off to these guys.

There are many other packs out there - this is just another one. Let it be...

Henni

Well said Henni

larvol

« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2018, 06:49:19 AM »
i  have the  pack and  works  well on my  t5 as  well
Have you got the ppf file???

Mendel

« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2018, 09:21:11 AM »
guys, i bought the pack didnt try it out yet. soon ill give a review 

larvol

« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2018, 01:34:47 AM »
Please someone who bought this pack already. Could you tell us the detailes of the pack?Names voices and styles.....How many.......The size in yem.....?Do they offer ppf file?

Offline Joe H

« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2018, 02:13:25 AM »
Please someone who bought this pack already. Could you tell us the detailes of the pack?Names voices and styles.....How many.......The size in yem.....?Do they offer ppf file?

You are asking all the right questions. 

;)

Joe H

Mendel

« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2018, 05:02:07 AM »
hello guys,

I just got a chance to download the pack, and when I can get back online ill tell
you all details.

mendel

Offline Linson

« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2018, 01:20:50 AM »
Mendel,
Any updates/review from the pack?
Thank you.

RF

« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2018, 07:57:26 PM »
The Revo Drums feature can't be provided by an expansion pack, because PSR S 970 and 975 drum kits only respond to the note events in the way to play the sample, that is associated with the dynamic range. They do not change samples randomly. It could be possible, to add the feature by a firmware modification, but another question is, would it work. Could we be sure, that the PSR S 970 is in fact a Genos, where Yamaha disabled some functions, it would work, but otherwise?

Offline EileenL

« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2018, 07:06:54 AM »
No the 970 is definitely not a Genos. These drums are brand new on Genos and have not been used anywhere else. Maybe the new S Series will have them when it comes out.

Mendel

« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2018, 12:55:41 AM »
Hello guys,

I only lgot added the revo drums... everything is good the only bad thing is,
The open hit hat will not close when pressing the close hit hat key, other then that the drums
Are very sounding really (obviously). When I go home I will load in all of the sounds.. and will tell
You more asap (I know u really want to know more...😀)

Mendel

Offline EileenL

« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2018, 02:27:12 AM »
Revo Drums like the vocal voices use Wave cycling which means the sounds of drums will change during play back to make them sound more realistic.

Offline panos

« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2018, 06:27:56 AM »
guys, i bought the pack didnt try it out yet. soon ill give a review

hello guys,

I just got a chance to download the pack, and when I can get back online ill tell
you all details.

mendel

Hello guys,

I only lgot added the revo drums... everything is good the only bad thing is,
The open hit hat will not close when pressing the close hit hat key, other then that the drums
Are very sounding really (obviously). When I go home I will load in all of the sounds.. and will tell
You more asap
(I know u really want to know more...😀)

Mendel

Take your time my friend.Why rushing?  :)

Unbelievable...

Pino

« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2018, 10:57:56 AM »
Panos   😅
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 11:00:15 AM by Pino »

garymoore

« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2018, 09:50:57 PM »
Great expansion, amazing drums , even if maybe not "revo" technology(not sure), style sound as on Genos, good value, sound of my S970 changes a lot. not all  Genos style included, but if i use a Genos style which is not included, and re-voice it using this expansion drums, it does sound great! Good value!
BTW a got ppf too.

« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2018, 10:35:37 PM »
Please tell me which sounds do you get?

Offline Joe H

« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2018, 01:18:30 AM »
It's been eight months and still NO details on this pack. It's such a curious thing!

::)    :-X     :D

Joe H

Offline Henni

« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2018, 07:22:59 AM »
I am just as curious to hear more...
...Fly Forever!

Offline Toril S

« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2018, 01:58:47 PM »
Maybe in another eight months?😅
Toril S

and PSR-47.

arvacon

« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2018, 04:48:55 PM »
Oh my God, that's amazing!! I bought this pack too and my s770 transformed into a Genos now!!  8) ::) :P

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 04:50:55 PM by arvacon »

Offline Toril S

« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2018, 04:54:50 PM »
 :) :) :)Hope it works for my 2100 as well :) :)
Toril S

and PSR-47.

garymoore

« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2018, 05:11:39 PM »
Please tell me which sounds do you get?

garymoore

« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2018, 05:58:05 PM »
Additional content is provided to put on usb drive

Offline Henni

« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2018, 01:18:16 PM »
Hi GaryMoore,

Tx for posting those. How about some MP3 demos please?

Kind regards,

Henni
...Fly Forever!

garymoore

« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2018, 08:09:56 PM »
Hi GaryMoore,

Tx for posting those. How about some MP3 demos please?

Kind regards,

Henni

garymoore

« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2018, 08:20:31 PM »
As a review i can say that, in my opinion its a work it is not a finished product and not a replacement for Genos but a great upgrade for S970 users.
It adds a lot of Genos drumkit sounds and some other voices, not all styles of Genos are covered. Some styles have missing OTS.
Those that have OTS even if uses psr s970 sounds have great dsp effects settings.

« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2018, 07:52:50 PM »
As a review i can say that, in my opinion its a work it is not a finished product and not a replacement for Genos but a great upgrade for S970 users.
It adds a lot of Genos drumkit sounds and some other voices, not all styles of Genos are covered. Some styles have missing OTS.
Those that have OTS even if uses psr s970 sounds have great dsp effects settings.

The Megavoices are really Megavoices? Can you do a demo of the gospel and revo drums please?

Offline PSR-USR-IND

« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2018, 10:56:20 AM »
I hope Onacimus will read this thread to better inform you (and us)

You can already try these one .
https://www.psrtutorial.com/styles/os_Styles/S970/SMP/GtoS970.zip

(style for s970 work on tyros 5)

Now the Complete PopRock and Ballad GENOS styles are converted for TYROS5, TYROS4 with R3 Voices in OTS (Joe added R3 through his  TYROS5) and also for PSR-S970
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 11:02:35 AM by PSR-USR-IND »
Onacimus Sahayam
My Styles

Offline Henni

« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2018, 01:57:43 PM »
Tx for the demos,

I would love to hear more. Wish this package could fit on my S770...

Henni
...Fly Forever!

« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2018, 11:50:02 PM »
I brought the pack an hour ago, but he still doesn't send me the link for download it. I cant wait!!! I will post some demos here  :)

Offline Henni

« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2018, 08:14:52 AM »
Very anxious to listen to them my friend. Please be sure to post at least a few.
...Fly Forever!

The following users thanked this post: rodrigo.b

Lofty(dave)

« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2018, 09:40:50 PM »

Just had a look it appears the video is not available now Lofty(Dave)