Author Topic: GENOS ON PSR S970 :o  (Read 64249 times)

computec1349

GENOS ON PSR S970 :o
« on: February 21, 2018, 03:39:45 AM »
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 08:00:12 AM by computec1349 »

The following users thanked this post: Jewel Palmer

Offline jerryghr

Re: GENOS ON PSR S970 :o
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 04:43:39 AM »
Don't get to excited yet.

This video is from Keyboardtips Corporation in Mexico.  I think he's having some fun with people on the internet. 

Could be another case of "Fake news".  A lot of that going on lately.

Jerryghr

Online EileenL

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 09:33:20 PM »
Genos Styles have all been converted for most keyboards and you will find them on this forum.

jgriffin

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 02:38:41 AM »
Now I'm curious....have the Genos styles been converted for the T5? And if so...I would love to have the link to that information.  I had not even considered this possibility for my T5 but it sounds intriguing!

jgriffin

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 06:48:13 PM »
Answer to my question above....anyone?

ob7914

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 10:52:22 PM »
@jgriffin  :

Onacimus made a great job by converting Genos styles for PSR & Tyros
But it will never sound like a genos because of the hardware and global quality

jgriffin

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 02:07:05 AM »
Thanks ob7914....totally understand what you're saying.  I wanted to give them a try regardless and I keep looking here:  https://www.psrtutorial.com/sty/collections/onacimus.html but do not see where Genos styles have been converted for a Tyros 5.  What am I missing please?

ob7914

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2018, 03:30:34 AM »
I hope Onacimus will read this thread to better inform you (and us)

You can already try these one .
https://www.psrtutorial.com/styles/os_Styles/S970/SMP/GtoS970.zip

(style for s970 work on tyros 5)

The following users thanked this post: carson123mendes

jgriffin

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2018, 09:54:43 AM »
Thanks ob7914!  I will try these soon.  Have a good evening!

Offline Joe H

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2018, 11:07:15 AM »
Hello everyone, yesterday I met the Keyboardtips team. They are really working on a kind of firmware and expansion pack. It's incredible they managed to place the revo technology! in the PSR-S970, they are also working to place it in the Tyros series. We should support this type of project, instead of demeaning the work of these people.

I doubt that they can do a firmware update.  No one has been able to hack the OS.  And if they sampled the Genos Voices to reproduce them as an expansion pack they may have committed copyright infringement because these are new Voices.

I don't see any prices for the packs.

Joe H
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 11:21:19 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline alka

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2018, 03:20:49 PM »
Take a look, in this video all time expansion/usser button is On. This not new firmware, this expansion pack with Genos voices.

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2018, 04:09:37 PM »
What video are you referring to, Alka?  Did you mean to include a link?
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

ob7914

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2018, 05:06:22 PM »
I suppose he refers to the original link from the 1st message

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8XfZHg4BVM&lc=z23qif44jyifj30ye04t1aokguyt4hyebigvui2vosn1rk0h00410.1519145369347461

where we can see the expansion/user button On

Offline Joe H

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2018, 11:22:51 PM »
I suppose he refers to the original link from the 1st message

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8XfZHg4BVM&lc=z23qif44jyifj30ye04t1aokguyt4hyebigvui2vosn1rk0h00410.1519145369347461

where we can see the expansion/user button On

Rather poor marketing... They say nothing in the video and provide no information on their website.

Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Henni

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2018, 02:14:25 AM »
Off course they can put the Genos voices in the S970/S770. I put some astonishing voices in mine.

Once you have the added voices and the modified Genos styles that use these voices, you'll end up having a mini Genos, at least style wise that is.

I will most definitely purchace this package as soon as it becomes available!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 06:01:43 AM by Henni »
...Fly Forever!

pschwepker

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2018, 08:39:00 AM »
<<<I founded a video in youtube, that watch the styles of genos on PSR-S970, this is possible, They know something of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8XfZHg4BVM&lc=z23qif44jyifj30ye04t1aokguyt4hyebigvui2vosn1rk0h00410.1519145369347461>>

I just got the 970 after my 950 gave out. My question would be whether or not this potential firmware would void my warranty. Having seen my 950 collapse (after 7 years) makes me a bit nervous about placing anything off brand in my machine.

Offline panos

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2018, 09:13:28 AM »
From comments bellow video:

Rob F
Is it something, Yamaha releases or something, where Yamaha says "your decision, we aren't responsible"?

KeyboardTips Corporation

Yes, Yamaha says that the update is your decision, and you take the risk of damage on your keyboard. Because a change of no authorized firmware can damage your software.

KeyboardTips Corporation
But, our software was created with specifications of Yamaha and you can sure that this firmware is correct. Coming soon we will release a expansion pack with some sounds and styles of Genos, but now we are working and develop the tecnology Revo! on the PSR-S series.
------------------------
European Dance Expansion pack Drums work just fine for me, I don't need more :)
Anyway....

Wellcome to the forum pschwepker.
What happened to your psr and "collapsed"?

Offline Joe H

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2018, 11:53:11 AM »
Panos,

If you upgrade to an S770 or S970 you would be happy with the Easy Sounds Magic Dance expansion pack.  It is even better the the Euro Dance pack Voices and drum kits.

Joe H
By the way... I would be cautious about installing 3rd party firmware. If it really works I think there could be a law suit.

Offline panos

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2018, 01:26:58 PM »
Yes they are really nice and at a good price.
unfortunately I will stick with my s750 for now.
Still is a very good keyboard
(not that I wouldn't like the human voices and new drumkits that s775 has :D)
Other voices you can edit them as you wish but not these two. :(

And yes i agree with you Joe that buying a voice/style/pad pack from others while Yamaha musicsoft cannot cover all tastes in music is a different thing than changing/upgratting  the  firmware of your keyboard using an unnothorised third party software that could damage it.

" the update is your decision, and you take the risk of damage on your keyboard"

The keyboard is not like a computer that someone will have to reinstall the windows and all other programs again if it is something wrong with the pc.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 01:30:39 PM by panos »

Offline Henni

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2018, 12:30:55 AM »
If Yamaha could have created all those stunning new styles and voices on the PSR S970 platform, but did not - do you really think that if someone else does, that Yamaha is not going to advise you NOT to install this package? Especially in the light of the difference in price between these two models...
...Fly Forever!

Offline Joe H

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2018, 01:41:00 AM »
If Yamaha could have created all those stunning new styles and voices on the PSR S970 platform, but did not - do you really think that if someone else does, that Yamaha is not going to advise you NOT to install this package? Especially in the light of the difference in price between these two models...

We are talking about copyrighted material reverse-engineered or copied OS.  I would never load a non-Yamaha OS in my keyboard.   Yamaha has been lenient about style sharing on this site for personal use.  But there is a difference when it comes to selling Yamaha styles and Voices.

Besides... we will probably get a lot of the Genos styles and features in the next PSR release anyway.

Joe H
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 01:44:08 AM by Joe H »

Offline Henni

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2018, 03:03:19 AM »
If someone reverse engineer Porsche technology and put it in a VW Beatle, giving you the same performance, I can hardly see how that would classify as copy righted material. These guys are doing what Yamaha could/would not - my hat off to them. They are going to save me mega bucks which I do not have in any case.

I could never afford a Tyros - I always had to make do with modified styles on the latest PSR series. Now we are led to believe that new hardware was required to produce the latest Genos styles and sounds. In this competitive market, Yamaha could have produced the next version of the PSR series to have all the Genos features onboard - but they did not. a Genos cost at least seven times more than what I paid for my new PSR S770 recently. Now we find out that all of this could have been created on what was available already? Come on! Yamaha products are great, but certainly over priced. Not all can afford the latest and greatest.

Well done you Keaboardtips guys!!! This world needs more innovative teams like yours.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 04:06:12 AM by Henni »
...Fly Forever!

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Online DerekA

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2018, 06:44:56 AM »
I see the Genos as a bit like the first class cabin on the plane.

If you make a cold analysis, then of course it's better than standard class, but it's hard to relate what you actually get to the price being charged.

However, it's the fares that the first class passengers pay that makes the profits for the company.

I would like to thank Tyros and Genos owners for their selfless generosity. If they didn't buy the TOTL arrangers, Yamaha would not be able to sell the PSR S770 - which does an awful lot that the TOTL does - at the price I can afford.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2018, 10:27:20 AM »
...  Yamaha could have produced the next version of the PSR series to have all the Genos features onboard - but they did not...

You just might be surprised by what will come in next PSR arranger. They made a big investment to develop the Genos and Yamaha need to get a return on that investment, then the next PSR will inherit some of the technology built into the Genos, but we won't get all of the Genos features or qualty. We have seen it work that way many times over the years. In fact the Genos inherited some features from the PSR S970. And the S970 inherited some features from the S950.

Joe H
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 10:30:35 AM by Joe H »

beykock

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2018, 02:17:27 PM »
I am confused. The S770 and S970 successors will be in the shops soon.

What about the new generation called PSR S775 and S975 ?

These keyboards are the new successors.

Both new keyboards are not available for sale yet, right ?
Maybe as of April 2018 ?

As usual these new models will not be replaced before 2020 or 2021 ... or do Yamaha have other plans soon ?

Babette

« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 02:34:48 PM by beykock »

computec1349

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2018, 11:49:20 PM »
We are talking about copyrighted material reverse-engineered or copied OS.  I would never load a non-Yamaha OS in my keyboard.   Yamaha has been lenient about style sharing on this site for personal use.  But there is a difference when it comes to selling Yamaha styles and Voices.

Besides... we will probably get a lot of the Genos styles and features in the next PSR release anyway.

Joe H
Hello Joe H, I have news about the next models.

One more generation of keyboards is missing so we can see some of the characteristics of Genos. Martin Harris is the one who approves the new keyboards, I have communication with him and with other people from Yamaha, so we will have a mini genos until 2020-2021 at a high cost.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2018, 12:09:56 AM »
Hello Joe H, I have news about the next models.

One more generation of keyboards is missing so we can see some of the characteristics of Genos. Martin Harris is the one who approves the new keyboards, I have communication with him and with other people from Yamaha, so we will have a mini genos until 2020-2021 at a high cost.

As I alluded above how things work... I wouldn't be surprised by what you have stated here.  And there could be some improvements as noted by the technically inclined folks here.

Joe H

Online EileenL

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2018, 12:43:58 AM »
Having known Martin Harris for many many years I can tell you he will not divulge anything about new products until launch time. This as we all know is Yamaha's policy and always has been. We must all be patient and wait and see what turns up on this new keyboard.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2018, 06:35:47 AM »
Having known Martin Harris for many many years I can tell you he will not divulge anything about new products until launch time. This as we all know is Yamaha's policy and always has been. We must all be patient and wait and see what turns up on this new keyboard.

I tend to think you are correct. PJ ran into "Bad Mister" and asked him about the new arranger (Genos) and Phil's comment was something to the effect...  Oh... just you wait! He gave no details. 

Dealers don't even get an advanced notice about new products until they are announced  publicly.

;)

Joe H

Offline panos

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2018, 04:33:50 AM »
Why do they sell Genos's styles?
Yamaha made those styles.
If they want to make money from selling styles,they should make their own styles like other style makers do.

Offline panos

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2018, 06:32:50 AM »
Yes, I am just thinking that there is a big difference between selling converted Yamaha styles and sharing converted Yamaha styles.

Offline corsaman

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2018, 04:43:58 PM »
Hi Guys, i'm using this pack already on my T5, and it is working perfectly :) we compared the drums with original genos Revo drums and it is almost the same :) for 60$ ??? why not :)
Now 2x Genos 1 ....before: 2xYamaha Tyros 5,Tyros 4, PSR 1500,1100,1000, Roland E-38,Technics KN920 and Estrada AR207

Offline panos

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2018, 03:09:49 AM »
I am sorry my friends for being the bad guy,
but if you wish to advertise your product just do it the right way:
"Hey guys! we have this pack,take a listen to it.... bla bla bla....it is legal,we are not violating Yamaha's copyrihts....bla bla bla".
Other people here advertise their programs/work too and have our respect, but they don't act like a simple member that happens to like those products.
We are no kids here dudes...c'mon!

Offline Joe H

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2018, 03:40:37 AM »
I am sorry my friends for being the bad guy,
but if you wish to advertise your product just do it the right way:
"Hey guys! we have this pack,take a listen to it.... bla bla bla....it is legal,we are not violating Yamaha's copyrihts....bla bla bla".
Other people here advertise their programs/work too and have our respect, but they don't act like a simple member that happens to like those products.
We are no kids here dudes...c'mon!

And I thought was the only one who thinks like that.  Yes, these guys come across like they are part of the company that is selling the pack.  If that is true then they need to come clean.

Joe H

computec1349

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2018, 03:42:31 AM »

At any time they say that it is part of the company, hahaha ??? ;)

They compañy name is Keyboardtips no, yamaha, no roland, no Casio hahah!

Offline Joe H

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2018, 03:47:14 AM »
I'm still waiting for the details.

???    ???    ???

Joe H

WolfBack

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2018, 06:15:13 AM »
Let's see this matter from a costumer sight.
I'm not a S970 owner, but I won't bite the bait for this "modify" firmware.
Let's say the Yamaha's decide to give a new firmware update to the public (v1.70 -or something) then I face the big dilemma:
a. If I choose to keep my instrument up to date, then I'm just throw a 60 bucks on a trash can?
b. I keep my "modified" firmware as it is, no matter what?
c. I cross my finger for a response from a non-brand/unknown company to send me a compatible firmware?
d. Nothing from above... I decide to buy a Genos Instead!
e. I don't care to spend my money for this. I'll be wait for a compatible Genos expansion pack from MusicSoft.
 :o

Offline TiasDad

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2018, 10:16:38 PM »
I can't help but agree with Panos & Joe here. It seems the only poeple who have tried this have a low post count so are either new to the forums or are long time lurkers.

Personally, I see little wrong with the S970 as it is. Maybe it doesn't have the bells and whistles of the Genos but it still has plenty of oomph to keep me enthralled even after a couple of years of use. I've never owned a board that I haven't been bored with after 6 months so it it a great leap forward for me.

Sorry guys but this software isn't for me and the marketing ploy appeals even less.

MFrost

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2018, 12:55:08 AM »
I confirm, the genos pack is very good. I am still testing it, but I'm impressed. A lot of work has been put into creation this genos pack.

Offline hans1966

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2018, 01:16:34 AM »
Since I started in the world of keyboards, I have had several brands, but Yamaha is the one that has been most present in my life day by day. said this for me the PSR - S970, is the best workstation of arrangements, by itself it already brings an arsenal of things, among them their sounds and styles, (also brings pads, excellent quality of effects DSP, vocal harmonizer, recorder of audio) they say that it is a station of average range poque lacks the voices S.A2 and also it does not have R3. (I do not see the need) we have always looked at what we lack, including me. but every time I sit down to play with my keyboard, be it a sound, a style or creating a midi, I realize all the potential that has not yet been explored within this wonderful instrument. When I spoke at the beginning of sounds and styles, I meant that we can create our own sounds, editing them and combiner them to our liking and satisfaction. the same thing happens with the styles.  it take to dedicate many hours to this work? Of course, but in the end the results are seen. I am not in favor of buying software that is not directly from Yamaha. also because so much desire to have the sounds and styles of the Genos, when there is much to discover in the S970 ?.  are only my thoughts.     Greetings     Hans
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 01:25:56 AM by hans1966 »
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Online EileenL

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2018, 01:23:08 AM »
I think this pack should be checked out by Joe or the moderators to see if it is legal. It seems funny that Yamaha would let a third party sell styles converted from Genos anyway.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2018, 03:20:00 AM »
I confirm, the genos pack is very good. I am still testing it, but I'm impressed. A lot of work has been put into creation this genos pack.

Another newcomer testimonial.  How delightful!

;)

Joe H

Offline panos

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2018, 04:09:52 AM »
Some convert Yamaha styles for other models and they just share them and some they just like to sell them.pifffffff...  :-\
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzYN01V6_0E&t=629s

computec1349

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2018, 07:22:25 AM »

NOTICE:

Since many people are against the package, we share the following opinion.

1.- The package does not sell the rhythms, even they the updates that have been taking out Completely Free! They have added more converted rhythms.
2 .- What they sell is the possibility that your PSR user that you do not have the ability to buy Genos, you can play these styles and play with them.

3.- No copyright is infringed, because they are being used in Yamaha products, and a package created by Yamaha is not being marketed independently.

4.- In my opinion Joe H and Panos should encourage more people to venture into creating content for other users and allow them to experience the sounds of other keyboards.

Offline panos

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2018, 08:10:39 AM »
My friend,
Joe H has created a collection of multipads and have shared them on this forum for free.
So he is not discouraging no one to be creative and share or sell his work if he wishes to..

My problem is that you want people to make an unothorised update to their instrument which means that there is the possibility to damage their keyboard.
Not just play a style on their s970 and if it is not  that good,ok no big damaged done,just lost some money.

Besides that,you have deleted posts,change the name of the pack from Genos to Ghenos(no big deal,I can understand that),
there is a pack free for download on mediafire uploded in November from Vietnam if I remember well which is probably the styles of Genos, you don't go out straight to explain who you are and if there are any copyright issues or not while people asking about that.

computec1349

« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2018, 08:32:50 AM »
I think you're confused this is an expansion, not a firmware.

hahaha calm panos!

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2018, 09:39:01 AM »
Maybe people would not need to do an “unothorised update” to their PSR S keyboards if Yamaha stopped putting the same sounds of the keyboards from 20 years ago on the PSR S line. Just look at the S970, it has the same old sweet soprano sax voice, sweet harmonica, sweet violin, etc. It's that legal? Well I think it is, but not morally correct. The PSR S970 is expandible, it has 512mb of memory to load new voices and styles but... Suprise!!! You can’t create Megavoices or Super Articulation voices. The Keyboard features a fantastic additional memory to install audio styles, but as you probably have already noticed they have not released any package with audio styles. I really love Yamaha Keyboards but I think they are not being fair to us.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2018, 09:42:14 AM »

4.- In my opinion Joe H and Panos should encourage more people to venture into creating content for other users and allow them to experience the sounds of other keyboards.

As Panos has said, I have already created hundreds of custom styles and Multi Pads and shared them for free on this forum.  I have also created about 600 custom Voices... many which are better than the S970 Preset Voices and many that are unique and different from the Genos Voices... and probably better as well.   I have a database of over 4000 Voices and drum kits that I can create with different wave forms than Yamaha. When the DSPs are applied correctly they sound as good as Yamaha's Voices.

I don't think anyone on this thread is interested in your pack which By The Way... we still know nothing about.

Joe H
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 09:51:33 AM by Joe H »

Offline panos

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2018, 09:52:54 PM »
Am the only one who is confused about this pack Frank?
Is it my fault?

So,this is just a pack that can play to an s970 without any other program gets involved with the instrumants OS and nothing more.Is that right or wrong?

Can this pack work with Yem on a pc or it will work correctly ONLY if it is instralled directly to the keyboard?
Is it in PPI format or in PPF format?
If the answer is that the pack has to be installed directly to the s970,
how the user will be able to use the other packs that he may have purchased from musicsoft or other companies?
By purchasing this pack is that mean that you are unable to use any other pack at the same time?

Can you understand that the big advantage of the newer models compare to the older ones will be lost?

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2018, 11:10:09 PM »
As Panos has said, I have already created hundreds of custom styles and Multi Pads and shared them for free on this forum.  I have also created about 600 custom Voices... many which are better than the S970 Preset Voices and many that are unique and different from the Genos Voices... and probably better as well.   I have a database of over 4000 Voices and drum kits that I can create with different wave forms than Yamaha. When the DSPs are applied correctly they sound as good as Yamaha's Voices.

I don't think anyone on this thread is interested in your pack which By The Way... we still know nothing about.

Joe H

You can create MegaVoices? :O :O :O