Author Topic: Re Premium Expansion Packs  (Read 5821 times)

musicalmemoriesuk

Re Premium Expansion Packs
« on: February 21, 2018, 03:22:45 AM »
I've got some expansion packs that are on HD1 In premium folder when I try to install them I get a pop up unable to install some files or something like that.

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Re Premium Expansion Packs
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 04:06:19 AM »
First of all Yamaha Premium packs are encrypted so that they will only load on the very keyboard that they were purchased for, so if the packs were purchased for a different Tyros4, they won't load on yours!

If the packs actually are for your specific Tyros4, have you checked that you have enough space on the Expansion Memory Module fitted to your keyboard for the packs/voices?

If you do have space on the Expansion Memory board, your problem may be because your keyboard's User drive is full or almost full.

Although any new wave samples used by an expansion voice are stored on the Expansion Memory Module, each voice also requires a small amount of space on the User drive. 

You can check the amount of space on the User drive if you open a file selection window (Styles for example), tab to 'USER' and switch to the alternate List view by pressing 'VIEW' (upper #7 button).  In the List View press 'PROPERTY' (F button) and a window will pop up showing 'ALL SIZE : 5.95 (MBytes)', which is the total size of the User drive, and 'FREE AREA : n.nn (MBytes)', which is the amount of remaining space.

If the Free Area figure is very small,  this is likely to be the cause of your problem and you will need to clear some space on the User drive to load all of your expansion voices.

If the above is not the cause of the problem, the Operating System imposes a limit on certain parameters associated with managing the wave samples for expansion voices, and once these limits have been exceeded, no more waves can be added even if there is plenty of empty space on the Expansion board! 

The most problematic of these limits, and the one that many people encounter is the so called 'Wave Count' which is limited to 9999 in the latest version of the firmware (ver. 1.10).  It was limited to 8192 in earlier firmware versions.

To check this and the other parameters associated with the expansion memory, press 'Voice Creator' > 'Expansion Module' > 'Property' (lower 7 or 8 button).  The display that opens will show the Wave Count and the rest of the parameters including the remaining space.  If any of these are almost fully used up, this could prevent you from loading further voices.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 04:19:42 AM by tyrosaurus »

musicalmemoriesuk

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 05:21:01 AM »
The Tyros is second hand, the packs were already installed but I had to do a reset on the keyboard and although the files are on hd1 the sounds etc associated with them do no show up when I go in the premium folders for the voices and styles.

musicalmemoriesuk

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 06:38:29 AM »
Before I did a reset on turning the Tyros on a message would show Expansion Voices loading, now it doesn't.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 06:52:04 AM »
Exactly how did you carry out the reset?

Did you do it from the 'Utility' 'System Reset' page?

If so, what items did you have ticked (checked) in the list?   Only a reset including 'FILES & FOLDERS' or 'EXPANSION VOICE' should affect the expansion voices.

Regards

Ian   

musicalmemoriesuk

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 07:19:48 AM »
I don't think the expansion voices was ticked or the files / folders.

musicalmemoriesuk

Offline panos

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 07:48:26 AM »
My friend I cannot see the files from google drive,
aks for permission...
I got this message

You need permission

Want in? Ask for access, or switch to an account with permission. Learn more
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 07:50:00 AM by panos »

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 09:12:08 PM »
Hi
By reset your T4, you most likely did reset to factory default and the expansion voices and reg files has been deleted as well.
The folders and styles at the HardDisk will not be deleted by a factory reset unless you delete manually or format the HD.
When try load styles, they will not find the missing / corresponding files for the styles because it's not present where it's supposed to be. I.e. if no extra organ sounds shows up in display when press expansion button, then some files are missing.
When I had a similiar situation some yers ago, I had to delete the 'pack folders' at the HD and do a new install by use of the original file/packs via USB stick.
Cheers 🥂
GJ

musicalmemoriesuk

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 09:22:20 PM »
As this is a used Tyros how will I do this ?

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 10:58:02 PM »
Maybe the last owner have the files you need to restore?
If last T4 owner bought Genos, the packs for T4 can not be used as is anyway, he/she will get the packs bought for T4 converted to fit G for free at Yamaha Store.
Cheers 🥂
GJ