Author Topic: Adjusting polarity of 8 sliders on Tyros 5  (Read 4295 times)

Offline Whino

Adjusting polarity of 8 sliders on Tyros 5
« on: February 21, 2018, 03:02:15 AM »
Hi folks,

Is there any way of adjusting the polarity of the 8 volume sliders on a Tyros 5? Mine increase the volume when I push them away from me and decrease it when I bring them nearer, i.s away from the display.

It seems really strange  and doesn't feel right. (Can't help wondering if the designer is also a pilot) :)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline browzer

Re: Adjusting polarity of 8 sliders on Tyros 5
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 06:32:27 AM »
I don't think there is any way to reverse this and I can't think of anything with a volume slider that works in a different direction from the Tyros and Im sure I would find it decidedly awkward to try and use it the way you describe.  ???

Ronnie
Genos

The following users thanked this post: Whino

Online EileenL

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 07:38:50 AM »
The sliders work the way they should. If using organs you would increase the footage on the upward movement and decrease it on the downward movement. It works the same way with volume.

Offline Will49

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 05:57:23 PM »
It seems really strange  and doesn't feel right
Hi. Perhaps you (like me) come from a Hammond organ background? Indeed, the drawbars of a Hammond organ are essentially volume sliders for the various pipe footages, and the volume is increased as you pull them towards you/decreased as you push them forward. Now, when you select a drawbar organ voice from the Organ World section, you will find that your Tyros’s sliders will, indeed, work in this way (pull towards you to increase/push forward to decrease). However, for all other volume changes on the Tyros, they work in the opposite way!

Regards,
Will

Online EileenL

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 09:14:29 PM »
Hi Will,
  Thank you for correcting my Old Timers answer and of course I got it upside down regarding Drawbars.

The following users thanked this post: Whino, Will49

Offline Whino

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 11:11:59 PM »
Many thanks for your help folks

Offline Will49

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 12:54:34 AM »
Hello Eileen,

You're very welcome. No problem at all... easily done! 😉

Best regards,
Will