PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-E Series

Issue with sustain & volume on EW400

<< < (2/4) > >>

AnupamEnosh:
Considering the features, the EW410 is a must wait, but pricewise EW400 is killing the sales right now, before it goes out of stock and production. If you are a hardcore pianist, then only the EW series lineup is meant for you, else the E463 is also a good portable and cheap instrument that does not bite a hole in the pocket, and its starting price is well justified. Although comparing as a regular keyboardist, I don't think EW410 makes much edge over E463, because the only differences visible, are the Live Grand Piano voice, different keybed and one extra octave. :-)

SeaGtGruff:

--- Quote from: AnupamEnosh on February 21, 2018, 02:29:31 AM ---I don't think EW410 makes much edge over E463, because the only differences visible, are the Live Grand Piano voice, different keybed and one extra octave.
--- End quote ---

... and better amplification for the onboard speakers, as well as better audio outputs. :)

SeaGtGruff:
I just tried playing the 80sBrass voice using the FC4 pedal. I turned the volume up to roughly 75%. The tone was definitely a bit shrill in the highest octave (the one that only goes from C to G), but I didn't notice any increase in the volume as I struck the keys repeatedly, just the shrillness of the high frequencies in that particular octave, so I think that's just how the wave samples sound for those frequencies.

If you're noticing an actual increase in volume, and if the same voices and same keys (octaves) do not sound that way on the PSR-EW300, then I would say your PSR-EW400 is probably defective in some way. Your idea of returning it for a refund while it's still not too late sounds like the right thing to do.

Eddie Van Zeppelin:
Thanks for testing this on your EW400, Michael!  Yes, I agree, it definitely sounds like I'm getting a different and unfavorable result with my EW400 versus yours, and I am going to go with the plan to return it to the online retailer where I purchased it.  At this point, since the EW410 is being released in May, I am just going to have them put me on the wait list for that newer model, and then purchase it once it is made available.  I'll just get by with my EW300 in the interim (the keybed on the EW400 is a lot better than the EW300 or E363 that I have, so I'll definitely look forward to getting the EW410 once it ships!

AnupamEnosh:
Sir I don't know about the consumer laws in your country, but it is always recommended to buy electronic machinery offline, so that the buyer can test it himself for satisfaction. It is always better to check out these thing at a local store, even if you live at a remote location. There is always a possibility of scam or cheating on online sale, as the ebay does in our country.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version