Tyros Keyboards (5 Boards) > Tyros 4 (SFF2)

Tyros 4 Music Finder

(1/5) > >>

musicalmemoriesuk:
When using external styles with you music finder entries do they have to be located on the user drive ? Can they be in folders on the user drive ?

tyrosaurus:
External styles can be on the keyboard's User drive, Hard Drive or even a USB device (but remember that the USB will need to be connected whenever you want to use that record in the MF!   In fact the User drive on a Tyros4 is so small (6 MB) that it is best to use the Hard Disk to store any such files and reserve the User drive for 'workspace' when modifying etc.

Because the MF record holds the full path to external styles,  they can be stored at the root level of the drive or in folders.

The simplest way to add such records to the MF is to load the style to the keyboard, then from the style selection screen page showing the highlighted style, use the 'ADD TO MF' button (upper #5 button).  This creates a new record and opens the MF Edit Record screen for you to modify if you want to.  This ensures that the path to the style is correct.

Regards

Ian

sugarplumsss:
Since I am not a PC guy, nor much of a computer type.. the term "Root level... or folder" Intrigues me, and makes me wonder that I am missing something in my organization of folders. I do not know what root level implies when I am organizing folders and folders within folders and registrations.

I spoke to tech support once, and I forgot the reason the tech first suggested the utility of using Music Finder for organizational purposes, but for now forgotten reasons ( I should have noted our phone conversation, but did not ) he changed his mind about my using the Music Finder as an aid to organizing files.

If anyone is so inclined, what are limitations of MF for organization?
it seems very handy, but I dimly recall some limitations.
Thanks very much.

OT (I have had a 5 year love hate relationship with Tyros. and to be frank, the love part is finally eclipsing the "hate" part.)

jtrue:
https://psrtutorial.com/lessons/playing/mf/index.html

sugarplumsss:
What does the Music Finder lack that the Registration does not?
I am hoping the Music Finder can be a handy place for audience requests that are not a part of a set list.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version