Author Topic: Missing SyncStart Activation in loading RegBank w/o  (Read 4835 times)

tramano

Missing SyncStart Activation in loading RegBank w/o
« on: February 19, 2018, 04:35:58 PM »
Hello
Hope I haven't overseen that topic here, so I ask for your help:
With my PSR-S950 I saved a registration bank with the chosen reg button for the accomp start (and SyncStart=on), so I could immediately start the song after loading that bank.
With the Genos I save a reg bank in the same way, but if I reload that bank ALL reg buttons are blue, and I have to choose with which to start (if I can remember the correct one). One of the buttons should be red!
Did I miss something in the basic settings of the Genos or do I sth wrong?
THX for any help.

Offline StuartR

Re: Missing SyncStart Activation in loading RegBank w/o
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 07:34:32 PM »
Hello
Hope I haven't overseen that topic here, so I ask for your help:
With my PSR-S950 I saved a registration bank with the chosen reg button for the accomp start (and SyncStart=on), so I could immediately start the song after loading that bank.
With the Genos I save a reg bank in the same way, but if I reload that bank ALL reg buttons are blue, and I have to choose with which to start (if I can remember the correct one). One of the buttons should be red!
Did I miss something in the basic settings of the Genos or do I sth wrong?
THX for any help.

You can choose which of the buttons in your registration bank gets activated by placing the bank in a playlist where you can select this along with a display of text or lyrics.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 08:29:02 PM »
I think that you are mistaken about what happened on your S950!

As far as I know, when you load a registration bank on any PSR-S or Tyros model, all buttons that contain data will be lit green (or blue), but no button will be selected or lit red!  You must press one of them to activate the registration, at which point it will turn red and if you have memorised that registration with a style section and/or multi pad set to sync start, their buttons will flash red.

I assume that this is the same on Genos, although as StuartR has said, if you add a registration bank to a Playlist, you can set one button to activate on loading by editing the Playlist record.  Genos is the first model to feature this function!

Regards

Ian

tramano

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 03:47:44 PM »
Thanks StuartR, that was helpful! Seems, you HAVE to use the Playlists in order to get what you want - functionally spoken...

@tyrosaurus
I already sold my PSR-S950, but I am pretty sure, the currently chosen regbutton in combination with SyncStart=on was saved and popped up again ready to play when it was reloaded.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 09:43:56 PM »
Thanks StuartR, that was helpful! Seems, you HAVE to use the Playlists in order to get what you want - functionally spoken...

@tyrosaurus
I already sold my PSR-S950, but I am pretty sure, the currently chosen regbutton in combination with SyncStart=on was saved and popped up again ready to play when it was reloaded.

Hi Tramano.

Those settings are available only when you select a registration from a registration bank. If you select a registration bank, there is not an option anywhere to auto-load a registration, but only in Playlist Feature of Genos. Nor in Tyros 5, there was not this auto-load registration when selecting registration bank.

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos