Author Topic: have I found a bug!! Solved  (Read 5753 times)

Offline ugawoga

have I found a bug!! Solved
« on: February 19, 2018, 07:14:35 AM »
 :)Hi

I just recently tried the unplugged balad on the Genos Pop section
When you stop the style the pad channel sounds ok
When you start the style you can put the slider to maximum and the pad channel with the orchestra sound does not sound at all.
It is nice to have the pad part sounding, but you have to get over it by putting an orchestra sound on the Left Channel.
I wonder how many more styles miss a channel when the style generator is going???
I even went into the style maker and made sure the pad channel is lit, but still no orchestra sound on the pad channel when the style starts.
The same next to pad channel with a guitar on It.

all the best
john
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 10:33:22 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline AlBags

Re: have I found a bug!! Bug Bug!!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 07:26:14 AM »

John ..

I use this Style .. but cannot replicate, as I cant see exactly what you are saying to find the problem.
Can you elaborate? .. with OTS? My Style/Pads seem to work ok.

Al.
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

Offline panos

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 07:30:57 AM »
hahaha John I thought you saw a cockroach on your keyboard!! ;D
They know you are a rocker and they did it on purpose.
Go to the Rock section and make another cover to entairtain us. :)

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 07:32:59 AM »
Hi

Choose the Unplugged style and go into the mixer section
On the channel that says PAD there is a violin  picture and with the Genos stopped play the left with a chord and you can hear the orchestra sound on that channel .
Now start the style and play a chord and with the slider even at maximium It has gone.
Maybe I am missing something I do not know.
Just wondring if it is meant to be .
I can get around that by using the left channel, but some times you might want something in that channel.
If It is there it should work.

All the best
John
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 07:40:38 AM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 07:36:11 AM »
Hey Panos
You gotta weird sense of humour!!!

Explain I'm English!!! and daft!! ;D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 07:40:56 AM by ugawoga »

Offline panos

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 07:46:58 AM »
ahhh sorry,
it was because i saw three times the word bug(=insect)
You know,when something is scarring and call out for help.
With those ...bugs you may need a cat. :)

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 07:49:44 AM »
Still love yer Panos!!! 

I gotcha now!!!
Thank god it was not a snake!! RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!! :-X :-[ ::)

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 07:51:23 AM »
Hi
I hope  Al bags comes back and tries what i said seriously

all the best
John

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 10:43:15 AM »
Hi John,

I have looked at the 'UnpluggedBallad' style in MixMaster, which reveals the following. 

In the style, there are notes on the Pad channel (in this case Ch5 and Ch14) in the following sections only: Intro3, Main Variations C and D, Fill In C and D, Break, and Ending 3.   

If you start the style and select any of the above style sections, you should hear the strings voice (KinoSmall -  Mega Voice) used for the Pad part.

There are no notes for the Pad channel in Main Variation A or B,  Intro1 or 2 , Ending1 or 2  or Fill In A or B.

If you select any of these sections when the style is running, you won't hear anything from the Pad part.  It won't matter if you change the voice, you still won't hear anything because there is no note data to play!   I suspect that you are selecting Main A or B.

If you want to have the Pad part play in Main A and B, you could copy the Pad part from Main C or D into Main A and B using the keyboard's 'Style Assembly' function in 'Style Creator'.  All 4 Main sections are the same length (4 bars) so it is very simple to do this.

What you are hearing when you play a chord when the ACMP button is on but the style is not running, is the so called 'Stop ACMP' Pad and Bass voices.  These voices depend on the current Stop ACMP setting.  See page 11 of the 'Genos Reference Manual' for the options that you can select for 'Stop ACMP'.  I think the default setting is 'Fixed'.

So it looks as if you can put the bug spray away for now!   ;)

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 10:53:51 AM by tyrosaurus »

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 10:30:44 PM »
Hi Ian

I thought that was a strange anomaly
I will go with with what you have explained.
Thanks for the  Tech Info.

all the Best
john :)

Offline Joe H

Re: have I found a bug!! Solved
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 05:00:46 AM »
This is not unusual.  Many styles are designed like this.  Yes, an instrument icon will show up in the Mixer when the style Part has only notes recorded in one of the Sections.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline AlBags

Re: have I found a bug!! Solved
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2018, 07:36:11 AM »

Hi John ..

Yes, I see now, thanks to John!
I tried this too, and get same result!

Cheers!  Al.
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!