PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-S970/S770/S670 (SFF2)

No space left for songs!! What???

(1/3) > >>

Toril S:
Hello friends. I am at the S970 making melodies, using the MIDI recorder. When I tried to save my latest song, I got a message saying there is no more space in the drive! That can't be! i have only 43 songs there, and this keyboard has a large menory!
In addition to that I have my "Gigdisk" and some styles. I thought this keyboard was a mansion, not a one room apartment!
Why do I want to have so much stuff on the keyboard? It is convenient, you can forget to bring a USB stick to a gig, but you hardly forget your keyboard :) Can I do something to get more space, or have I banged my head on the roof?

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: Toril S on February 18, 2018, 05:13:19 AM ---Hello friends. I am at the S970 making melodies, using the MIDI recorder. When I tried to save my latest song, I got a message saying there is no more space in the drive! That can't be! i have only 43 songs there, and this keyboard has a large menory!
In addition to that I have my "Gigdisk" and some styles. I thought this keyboard was a mansion, not a one room apartment!
Why do I want to have so much stuff on the keyboard? It is convenient, you can forget to bring a USB stick to a gig, but you hardly forget your keyboard :) Can I do something to get more space, or have I banged my head on the roof?

--- End quote ---

You need to tell us what "the drive" is that you're using. User? USBx?

By songs, do you mean song (midi) files, or Audio (WAV) files? If it's WAV files, I can easily see you running out of room. If you're playing them back only on your keyboard, then switch to midi files.

If you're storing files on the User drive, there is nothing you can do to get more space. That's what USB sticks are for.

Fred

panos:
Expansion Packs also use a lot of memory Toril.
You could buy a second usb stick as back up and put it with your keys.
So you can always have it with you.
Something like that one.
http://gadgetsin.com/verbatim-store-n-go-micro-usb-drive-plus.htm

ob7914:
I think you don't have a lot of memory on the PSR S970.
Memory is segmented into different parts and each part has its own memory limit

As Panos answered  it's better to store everything to USB stick

Toril S:
Thanks, Fred and Panos. By "drive" I mean user drive. And it is MIDI songs. They are small, so I really don't see why the user drive is full already. On my PSR 2100 I could only save 7 songs on the keyboard, but I believed the new models had a lot more space. USB stick on the key ring is a good idea :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version