Author Topic: forScore on iPad - Page Turning with the Yamaha Foot Pedal  (Read 4710 times)

Stone Message

forScore on iPad - Page Turning with the Yamaha Foot Pedal
« on: February 14, 2018, 12:54:54 AM »
Hi Everyone

Help Please....

I have a PSR S770.

I have read so many excellent reviews of forScore that I think that it will be the ideal solution for displaying sheet music in .pdf format. Has anybody any idea if a regular (Yamaha or generic) foot pedal can be used to advance a page on the iPad? I am aware that there are foot switches which use either a Bluetooth or midi interface to achieve page turning but just wondered if there is an easier way using my FC4 foot pedal?

Many thanks.

Peter

Re: forScore on iPad - Page Turning with the Yamaha Foot Pedal
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 12:53:51 PM »
I don't think a regular foot pedal will work. I think you'll need a Page Turner foot pedal. Is very easy to set up and use.
Best,
John

Offline alanclare

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 03:44:51 PM »
John

I explored this possibility when I replaced paper music with pdfs on an iPad Pro with forScore (one of the best moves I have ever made). If there is a way of using a “regular” foot-pedal to control page turning, I couldn’t find it. As John Starbuck says, a dedicated Page-Turner pedal is the answer.

Incidentally, if it were feasible to use a switch to advance a page, how would you turn back?

Alan

Stone Message

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 08:01:43 PM »
Hi John and Alan

I suspected that this would be the case. My only hope had been that pressing the Yamaha footswitch could generate a trappable midi command that could be picked up by the forScore application on the iPad.

Never mind but thank you anyway.

Peter

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 10:14:50 PM »
I use a set of AirTurn pedals and they work very very well.

Offline alanclare

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 03:55:13 PM »
I use a set of AirTurn pedals and they work very very well.

So do I and I agree.

Alan

jm

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 07:38:23 PM »
Hi Peter, forscore is an excellent app! Apart from the airturn foot switch, you can
program the metronome in forscore, or another option is to load an a MP3 into forScore for the appropriate sheet music!  I must confess I haven't actually used either of these options 😁 I was always going to get around to exploring these options more, but always seem to run out of time! Can't even imagine what it would be like if I was still in the the workforce😋
Hope this helps!
Kind regards
jm