Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Speakers / Foot Pedals

Bose S1 Pro

(1/4) > >>

guitpic1:
Been playing a Genos through the Bose S1 Pro.  Sound is excellent.

jimlaing:
Hi - interesting - I'm curious if you can say more, maybe compare and contrast it with other systems you've used?  I can't find a local shop yet that has one for me to go listen to ...

Thanks!
Jim

StuartR:

--- Quote from: guitpic1 on February 13, 2018, 03:40:11 PM ---Been playing a Genos through the Bose S1 Pro.  Sound is excellent.

--- End quote ---

Bose advertises this for general PA, house sound (floor monitor) or practice amp use. As is custom with Bose, no mention of driver sizes or RMS power output. I just can't imagine the Genos would sound its best with two, much less one of these. But I guess to practice with, lots of speakers would suffice.

jimlaing:
I listened to one of these in a local store, and decided to pick one up.  It put out surprisingly good sound for it size.  I tried it 3 different positions and could hear the slight changes in EQ.  The only position I didn't like the sound of was "floor monitor" mode, where I think it brought the "mids" up a bit too much IMHO.

I know it's not the "absolute best the Genos can sound", that will come from some of my larger, higher-end speakers, but the quality seemed quite good, and it'll serve well for certain situations for me (rehearsals, jam sessions, small gigs) ... it sounds a lot better than a battery-powered Behringer (BT40HT Pro or something like that) which I had been using.  A lot more expensive than the Behringer, but the quality level seems worth it . . .

Jim

guitpic1:
I bought two of these for gigs after using one for some time.

In the next month or so, I will use these for several gigs and be able to report more in detail.

In the meantime, here is a short clip of my cousin using his S1 on battery power.  The S1 is above him.

https://youtu.be/9pVPhN5jrlY

Also, a short clip of me recorded using only my Samsung Galaxy S8.  I’m running two Bose S1 in stereo..one in each side of the Genos.  The S1’s are on the floor(carpeted) in the monitor position.

https://youtu.be/RXzzvvVLxFo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version