Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Touch Screen & Live Controls

Live Control Sliders and MIDI Out

<< < (2/7) > >>

voodoo:
Yes, the slides send data to midi according to their assigned functions.

Example:

Moving the volume slider for part right 1 in the balance tab sends out midi control change #7 on the channel configured for right 1 in the midi transmit settings. This is very handy when using external midi sound modules and using the sliders to control them.

Uli

pjd:
Hi --

MIDI-OX has some decent monitoring features with selective event filtering, etc. Does SysEx capture, too.

-- pj

Joe H:
Uli,

Yes the keyboard will transmit continuous controllers.  But I found on the S970 that some functions of the Live Control are NOT transmitted.  For instance the Arp gate Time and Arp Velocity.  And there is NO sysex provided in the Data List Book to send this info via an external controller.

I requested the sysex from Yamaha here in the USA, but they said there wasn't any such published data.  The Motif does provide sysex for ALL arpeggio parameters in the Data List Book.  It's too bad Yamaha has omitted this info on the arranger.

Joe H

voodoo:
Joe,

you are right. I am still trying to use midi and sysex communication for my needs (in combination with an iPad).

* There are functions that are sent by midi, for example all changes to DSP parameters. That is quite cool. I can control the Drive parameter by external control.
* But others don't have midi messages. For example drawbar organ settings. This is sad.

Uli

pjd:

--- Quote from: voodoo on February 15, 2018, 07:31:25 PM ---But others don't have midi messages. For example drawbar organ settings. This is sad.

--- End quote ---

Hi Uli --

You've probably have seen it, but there is a SysEx bulk dump message for organ drawbar settings. (Genos Data List PDF, page 112).

The problem for real-time control is that all drawbar parameters are packed into a single SysEx message. It's not possible to change a single drawbar without sending the whole bloomin' message. If Yamaha want Genos to compete against clones, they need to provide drawbar control via MIDI CC.

I built a quick and dirty Arduino-based drawbar controller using this SysEx message:
http://sandsoftwaresound.net/dangershield-drawbars/
but, I doubt that's what you're looking for.  ;)

All the best -- pj

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version