Author Topic: PSR e-453 réal songs titles  (Read 10629 times)

gdawirs

PSR e-453 réal songs titles
« on: February 12, 2018, 02:32:28 AM »
Hello All,

First, a big thanks to people making this site and forum alive.
I owned an old PSR400 20 years ago, just purchased a new 453, love it, and enjoy it hanks to all your guidance!

I have seen posts about real titles of songs from the music database, but not from 453.

Do you have such a list?
If not I propose to share an open file (even maybe on Wikipedia?) to have this list created.

Many thanks!

SeaGtGruff

Re: PSR e-453 réal songs titles
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 08:14:44 AM »
The lists that were created for the earlier models should still apply, although there may be additional entries-- and as far as I know, the entries already posted need to be verified, since they're just suggested translations. Anyway, I think this is a great idea! :)

gdawirs

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 03:33:42 PM »
Hello Michael,

Thanks a lot for your answer and sorry for the very late reaction.
I'm really discovering my PSR e-453 and read about these "music finder files".
I assume that the PSR e-453 might not be compatible (probably too basic)?

If compatible, I could use Music Finder View to load a whole corrected pack to my keyboard.
Apparently the 453 is not part of the target models, but I might find a compatible target model.

If not compatible and work must be done manually, would any of you have a starting point I could use?

Thanks again,
Geoffrey

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 05:58:52 PM »
Unfortunately, the PSR-E models have an internal Music Database, and they can't load or read Music Finder files like the PSR-S models can.

However, there are probably a lot of entries in the Music Database which match up to similar entries in Music Finder; so if those matching entries can be identified, we can use the decoded Music Finder names to identify the Music Database entries.

The way I would do it is as follows:

First, create a spreadsheet of the Music Database entries, showing the entry number, the category, and the cryptic song name for each entry.

Next, select the first Music Database entry on the keyboard (on the PSR-EW400 this is number 001, "Jude Hey," which is actually pretty easy to guess).

Now press the TEMPO button once to see what the Tempo is. Add a Tempo column to the spreadsheet, and note the tempo in the spreadsheet (070).

Now press the STYLE button to see what the Style is. Add a Style column to the spreadsheet, and note the style in the spreadsheet (035: LoveSong).

You might also want to add a Style Category column to the spreadsheet, look up the style in the Data List, and note the style category in the spreadsheet (Ballad).

Now press the INTRO/ENDING/rit. button twice to see which Main variation is selected. (The first time you press INTRO/ENDING/rit. it will change to the Intro variation. When you press it the second time it will change back to the Main variation.) Add a Variation column to the spreadsheet, and note the variation in the spreadsheet (MAIN A).

Now press the FUNCTION button. This is the part that will take the longest, because you're going to want to scroll through the functions to see what each one is set to, add a column to the spreadsheet, and note the function's value in the spreadsheet. Some of the functions won't matter, but you want to look at the ones for the three voices, the effects, and other parameters that control the sound (such as Arpeggio and Harmony). The hardest one will be the Main Voice, since it isn't listed in the function menu, but if you press the VOICE button it will show the name of the Main Voice with a number of 000 (the OTS voice number). You'll also want to look at the LCD screen to see if DUAL is turned on or off. I'm not sure whether SPLIT will ever be turned on, but you can make a note of it as well. The same goes for ARPEGGIO, HARMONY, and DSP.

M.Voice | 000: SweetSpr
M.Volume | 108
M.Octave | 0
M.Pan | 064
M.Reverb | 045
M.Chorus | 000
Dual | Off
D.Voice | 070:Strings
D.Volume | 046
D.Octave | 0
D.Pan | 064
D.Reverb | 046
D.Chorus | 000
Split | Off
S.Voice | 054: FngrBass
S.Volume | 080
S.Octave | -1
S.Pan | 064
S.Reverb | 008
S.Chorus | 000
Reverb | 03: Hall3
Chorus | 1: Chorus1
DSP | Off
DSP Type | 09: LPF
DSP Part | 1: Keyboard
Harmony | Off
HarmType | 01: Duet
HarmVol | 070
Arpeggio | Off
ARP Type | 008: SyncEcho
ARP Velo | 1: Original
Quantize | 3: 1/16
Pdl Func | 1: Sustain
TimeSigN | 04
TimeSigD | 04

Some of these won't matter, and you'll notice that they're always the same, but it wouldn't hurt to include them in the spreadsheet.

After you've gone through this process for each entry in the Music Database, you can try to find similar Music Finder entries by comparing the tempo, song category, style, style category, style variation, etc. The tempo may be a critical factor, since the names of the song categories, styles, and style categories might vary from one keyboard model to another. [EDIT: The time signature could also be very helpful, especially for songs that don't use 4/4 time.] The Main Voice, Dual On/Off flag, and Dual Voice may also be helpful in finding possible matches. The final test will be whether the cryptic Music Database name seems to correspond with the decrypted Music Finder name.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 06:04:27 PM by SeaGtGruff »

arvacon

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 12:25:42 PM »
I don't know if I understood your question well enough, but there is a songbook from Yamaha at the download section, that includes about 70 additional songs for the e453.
You can download this here
https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/4/831364/psre453-songbook-mlt-midi.zip

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 03:42:17 PM »
Most of the Music Database entries are the same from one model of a given line to the next, so the work that was done on the PSR-E433 Music Database song names should apply to the entries in the PSR-E453 Music Database. Only the new entries still need to be deciphered-- although it's a good idea to verify whether the older entries were deciphered correctly or not.

I tried to make a list of the new entries by comparing the PSR-E453's full list against the work that was done before. The new entries are given below, but someone should go through and verify that I didn't leave any out or include any that were already in there. I've made suggestions for a few of the songs, but they're just guesses based on the cryptic names.

ALL TIME HITS,6,WrldRock
ALL TIME HITS,8,YourTune
ALL TIME HITS,10,USASurf,Surfing USA
ALL TIME HITS,28,WiteShde,A Whiter Shade of Pale
ALL TIME HITS,40,A Magic
ALL TIME HITS,41,ILoveYou
MODERN POP,42,Cheerful
MODERN POP,43,SwftShke,Shake It Off,Taylor Swift
MODERN POP,48,Free Her
MODERN POP,51,S Party
MODERN POP,53,PrtyCrsh
MODERN POP,58,LifeStry
MODERN POP,61,GreatDay
MODERN POP,63,ChicoLtn
MODERN POP,64,SoGdLve
MODERN POP,65,Attempt
MODERN POP,66,Tme2Rock
POP Classics,68,OnAStrng
POP Classics,70,Klaire
POP Classics,72,WhatWant
POP Classics,83,RubyGirl
POP Classics,85,How2Know,How Will I Know,Whitney Houston
POP Classics,86,IslaBnta
POP Classics,89,TeachSng
POP Classics,90,EachMin
POP BALLAD,92,Red Lady,Red Roses for a Blue Lady
POP BALLAD,102,FootFail
POP BALLAD,103,MnyResns
POP BALLAD,104,GreatGod
ROCK & ROLL,145,CrocRock,Crocodile Rock,Elton John
OLDIES,159,Hppy2gtr,So Happy Together,The Turtles
OLDIES,166,SandLter
DANCE & DISCO,176,FevrNite,Saturday Night Fever
DANCE & DISCO,177,StyAlive,Staying Alive
DANCE & DISCO,178,Westerly
DANCE & DISCO,180,Run Free
DANCE & DISCO,182,PhilySnd
DANCE & DISCO,185,JoelLife
DANCE & DISCO,186,Coupled
DANCE & DISCO,188,SingBack
DANCE & DISCO,189,Janeiro
DANCE & DISCO,190,BoomRoom
DANCE & DISCO,192,BluDaDee
DANCE & DISCO,193,NgtRythm,Rhythm of the Night
DANCE & DISCO,196,RewCraig
DANCE & DISCO,198,SpirtRun
DANCE & DISCO,199,WerUBeen
DANCE & DISCO,200,MkeMusic
DANCE & DISCO,207,MarieClb
SWING & JAZZ,216,CatSwing
R&B,230,Mercy x3
R&B,236,LveSmile
R&B,240,BlueHill,Blueberry Hill,Fats Domino
COUNTRY,243,BlueSong,Song Sung Blue,Neil Diamond
LATIN,253,Brasil
LATIN,254,ChryPink
LATIN,256,MyShadow
LATIN,257,BosaWave
LATIN,259,JelsTngo
ENTERTAINMENT,276,CatMemry
ENTERTAINMENT,287,JinglBel
ENTERTAINMENT,296,RedRdolf,Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
WALTZ & TRAD,298,SomeLara
WALTZ & TRAD,322,DanubeWz,The Blue Danube Waltz
WALTZ & TRAD,323,WrldNeed,What the World Needs Now Is Love
WORLD,330,Reine de
WORLD,336,MnchHaus
WORLD,338,Comrades
WORLD,340,ClariPka
WORLD,341,WakaSong
WORLD,342,NevrFail
WORLD,343,The Spell
WORLD,344,Farewell
WORLD,345,The Liar
WORLD,346,One
WORLD,347,Unfrgivn
PIANIST,353,RvSwanee,Old Folks at Home (Swanee River),Stephen Foster

Gourock

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 07:34:34 PM »
Is the Music Database available for the e463/ew410?

Thanks, Ian

Offline Robert van Weersch

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 07:36:08 AM »
Is the Music Database that was on the e363 available on the e463?

Thanks
Please don't kick and hijack old topics. Just start one of your own, with your question in the title.
---
Yamaha Tyros 5 76
Korg Liverpool (microArranger)

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 06:02:47 PM »
Robert, I think sometimes new members have trouble figuring out how to start a new topic of their own, so they post in an existing topic instead. I've seen this in many forums, and I understand their confusion.

Ian, for some reason the PSR-E463 and PSR-EW410 don't have the Music Database feature; it may have been left off in order to make room for the new sampling feature, but we don't know for sure.

Also, on the chance that you aren't sure how to start a new topic of your own-- which I think is understandable, and which seems to be a much more common issue than a lot of people realize-- the "trick" is to navigate to the index page of the particular sub-forum or board that you want to start a new topic in. For example, if you want to start a new topic in the "PSR-E Series" board then you would first go to the index page of that board, where the various topics within that board are listed:

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/board,64.0.html

Once you're on an index page, there will be a button at the top of the index which says "NEW TOPIC," and clicking that button will allow you to start a new topic of your own.

But if you're on the main index page which lists all of the various boards, you won't see that button:

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php

And if you're in an existing topic, you won't see that button:

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,43001.0.html

Offline Robert van Weersch

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2020, 07:28:08 AM »
Robert, I think sometimes new members have trouble figuring out how to start a new topic of their own, so they post in an existing topic instead. I've seen this in many forums, and I understand their confusion.
I agree. Thank you for doing so ;) 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 07:30:11 AM by Robert van Weersch »
---
Yamaha Tyros 5 76
Korg Liverpool (microArranger)