Author Topic: Genos Guitar Voice Help  (Read 6480 times)

Online Oldden

Genos Guitar Voice Help
« on: February 12, 2018, 11:27:41 PM »
Hi,

Can anyone help please. If I play an electric guitar voice for example the shadowed guitar on my Genos and play one note at a time its fine but sometimes if I am holding one note down while I play another, the second note does not sound clear. It seems to be caused by how hard I play the notes and I've tried changing the curve on the initial touch screen, but I  can't seem to get it right. Any help would be more than welcome.

Thanks, oldden

Offline DerekA

Re: Genos Guitar Voice Help
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 12:22:52 AM »
I think this is by design - the super articulation voices will change the sound depending on how you play. So for these voices, you need to adapt your playing style so that you get the right results at the right time.

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 12:33:43 AM »
If you want all notes to sound clearly make sure you play staccato. Any notes you play legato (where you have not totally released a previous note) will be reduced in strength- the so called hammer on effect, which if I was a guitar player I'd be able to explain in more detail.  :)
John

Online Oldden

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 12:42:39 AM »
Thank you Both.

I used to play guitar so I familiar with hammer on's so I know what you mean. I think going to be a question of learning the right technique  and practice, practice. practice.

Thanks again, oldden

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 03:24:15 AM »
I struggle with the same right now! I think the effect can be turned off, but I am not there yet😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Online Oldden

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 04:11:24 AM »
Hi Toril

Yes. I've looked for the same but no luck, Hopefully someone kows a way.

oldden

Offline DerekA

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 05:09:19 AM »
You can't turn it off - if you want to avoid this, you need to use a voice that's not of type "SArt!".
Genos

Online Oldden

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 05:21:59 AM »
Hi Derek,

Yes I thought that might be the case, I was hoping that they used a basic voice then sent it through some form of effects software  which could be turned off.  Oh well, can't win them all, just have to practice my fingering on the keyboard a bit more.

oldden

Offline valimaties

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 04:43:41 PM »
Hi Derek,

Yes I thought that might be the case, I was hoping that they used a basic voice then sent it through some form of effects software  which could be turned off.  Oh well, can't win them all, just have to practice my fingering on the keyboard a bit more.

oldden

Super Articulation, Super Articulation2 and MegaVoices are a little bit harder to play with, if you don't have practice with them... In definition, SArt voices are the same as normal voices, but in addition contains some scripts (as Native Instruments Kontact has) which enables some "effects to sound" when you play legato, or play legato on octave, or play two notes on the same time (as Sax section does) etc. This scripts are stored inside voice definition and you cannot turn on/off, there are by default on. (It would had been "hand of God" if we could had create or edit SArt Voices :D )
MegaVoices are harder to play than SArt Voices, as they are mostly used in midi files or styles, because you can edit and adjust the volumes of individual notes as they play what you want to play.

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

The following users thanked this post: Oldden

Offline Toril S

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 08:05:34 PM »
Thanks for the good explanation Vali!☺
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.