Author Topic: Tyros Magic  (Read 7860 times)

Georgejohn

Tyros Magic
« on: February 11, 2018, 08:50:22 AM »
I was checking on the web site and found  this one called Bee Software?

The sounds are great but the price of 35.00 pds seem rather steep
Has anyone tried them and if so what are your thoughts?

Thanks
George ;)                                     

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: Tyros Magic
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 09:56:01 AM »
Here's a link you may want to look at, George.  :)

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,38791.msg298478.html#msg298478

There's actually quite a bit of information on "Tyros Magic" on the forum.  Just use the Search box in the upper right hand corner of the screen to find additional links on this subject.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Georgejohn

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 10:42:24 AM »
Thank you Roger for the link much appreciated

George :)

Offline sooty8

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 06:44:21 PM »
George

I have purchased some of these registrations with his keyboard books.

They are Yamaha sounds intros and endings,  these sounds have been mixed by John, but with practice you could make the same sounds.
The book I purchased cannot be brought in the  UK, its called 100 Instrumental Songs a German Music Book.
This book contains some lovely foreign music which you would not be normally available.
John made a USB of the registrations to go with this book, I must admit I did overwrite some of the instruments as I thought the blend was not quite right. The sounds on You Tube will not be the same sounds you produce, John has a lot of experience and technique, this is what makes these sounds good. My advice would be if you have the time mix the sounds you like yourself.
I am new to the Tyros 5 and was having trouble getting a nice string sound, I ended up with using legacy strings with Tyros 5 and Genos
strings, work that one out. But it takes time, John does that for you.

Hope this helps

Regards

Steve
Tyros 5   S950 S975
Bose L1 compact speaker
HS8 Studio Monitors

I Love My Tyros 5

Georgejohn

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 11:03:38 PM »
Steve

Thank you.
I'am new to tyros 5 also and for some reason I can not get the proper sounds that I would like.
The manual helps a little but I'am a "show me " person. :)

I guess in time I will figure it out though.

Thanks

George

Offline sooty8

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 04:06:19 AM »
George

I had the same problem, I have a S950 which I use for gigging, straight out the box sounds very little mixing to be carried out, so the shock was quite instant for me with the Tyros 5. I have always been a Yamaha fan so I have got used to the sounds over the years.
I must say go to the ensemble  sounds, if you like the violin you will like this. The vocals and choirs are good on the Tyros 5 mix them with the Genos choir and vocals and they are great. Peter downloaded the Genos sounds on the PSR website, he has done a great job on these sounds for the Tyros 5. Also go onto Organ World a great selection of organ sounds over the years. It is time consuming to make your own sounds for tunes but the benefits are good. I think we all like what these professional keyboard players do on You Tube but we forget these guys have been playing for years and know how to market their styes. When you put on your demo on the keyboard you think how do I create this sound? These sounds are engineered  to such a high standard that it could be impossible for someone like us to copy. I have also learnt over the years that speakers have a big part to play on playback sound, you will see the topic mentioned quite a lot on this forum. Don't be to disheartened we have all been here. Have fun making your own sounds.

Regards

Steve
Tyros 5   S950 S975
Bose L1 compact speaker
HS8 Studio Monitors

I Love My Tyros 5

Offline bpsafran

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 12:11:00 AM »
"Peter downloaded the Genos sounds on the PSR website, he has done a great job on these sounds for the Tyros 5."

Do you mean voices or styles and where can these Genos sounds be found?

Thanks

Offline panos

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 02:24:44 AM »
You can download them here 
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,42844.msg338145.html#msg338145

George I agree with Steve.
All the sounds you may download are just the sounds that your keyboard allready has and just someone has taken the time to edit,mix and combine them to sound really good.
I also had a problem with the orchestra sounds in the beginning untill I discovered that there are 3 extra folders with sounds on my psr called GM & XG,GM2 and Legasy while there was no button to access them directly as the other folders.
I found a bunch of string and orchestra sounds in there to combine and mix.

Offline AlBags

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 01:48:08 AM »
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 03:22:17 AM »
I just tried the link that Panos provided for you, Al, and it's still active.  :)

You may want to try accessing this link from another browser.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

Offline panos

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 04:35:07 AM »
Also you could try to navigate to the topic this way Al

PSR Tutorial Forum »
    Charter/Supporting Members (6 Boards) »
    Charter Files (Moderator: Joe W) »
    Topic: New Genos conversions

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 04:56:07 AM »
I just looked at Al's profile and should have looked at it prior to posting my previous message to him, Panos.  The reason he has no access to this topic is that he's not a forum supporter and he won't be able to enter the Charter Member's boards!  :(
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

Offline AlBags

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2018, 07:51:13 AM »

Ah!  I see.
If everyone stays friends, I'll get Paypal out.

Thanks Roger!

Al.
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 08:55:58 AM »
You could also wait until you reach "Senior Member Status", when your post count reaches 150, which will also allow you to enter the Charter Member's boards, Al; however, I know Joe always appreciates the monetary support he receives from the forum members.  This, of course, isn't mandatory, but it is appreciated.  :)

"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

The following users thanked this post: AlBags