Author Topic: Empty voices, can I reduce something from the register memory?  (Read 3705 times)

Offline ton37

Empty voices, can I reduce something from the register memory?
« on: February 10, 2018, 06:16:13 PM »
Hi, in some Registrations the Menu are showing empty Voices ('------') . I thinks that the registration have lost the right path to the voices, I understand.
In this case the Part 1,2,3 shows that the are empty/wrong. Allthough I can hear : P1 string, P2 string and P3 Violin. When I push the Blue Button it is directing to anothor voices-group, P1>Piano P2>Strings and P3>guitar.

My question: can I reduce something from the 'original but empty' settings?

If not, than I simple have to assign my own settings of course.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 06:18:40 PM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

Offline XeeniX

Re: Empty voices, can I reduce something from the register memory?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 07:28:02 PM »
Hi Ton,

Is this by any chance a Genos style? Seeing the styke SlowWatz and the _ in front does remind me of Jørgen's revo cleaner being used on it. I also notice that the multipad is an unusual  one for a slow watz it is teh pad the Tyros 5 defaults to when encountering a Genos multipad if not mistaken. To me that says kino strings since those, allthough missing will still give the string sound from their T5 counterparts. I enclosed the OTS of the original Genos OTS for that style (using OTS editor and set it to genos).

You could also load the registration in Registration Manager with Genos set as target keyboard and enter the bank with this setting. You might be able to see what was used and which effects are in place that way.

if you are not sure you coudl attach the rgt after which I will have a look for you.

regards,
Peter

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline ton37

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 09:35:26 PM »
Hi Peter, much appreciate your help. I've looked to the style: it is indeed an reworked style from the Genos. It comes from Dusan-Ballroom-Slow_Waltz. The registration is a copy of the OTS from that style. The OTS therefore is also 'blanked'. (not ment as any critique on Dusan's work!, on the contrary)
I have some programs from PSRTutorial: Yamaha Register Manager (YRM 5.1), PSR Style Database, PadMaker and MixMaster. But I haven't seen yet the programm you are using: OTS-editor. It seems that this could clarify some of these things. I will search for that one, or maybe you can give me a hint ;)

I don't much care about the missings voices, but I'm more interested (as a learning curve) how it comes and how to deal with it/ or to repair or examen the voices.

As I wrote, thanks a lot Peter.

PS. Found the OTS-editor on Jorgen Sorensen's site. Will study that programm.
PS2. That is exactly the style I talked about. You have a lot knowledge about this stuff, Peter. 'Petje af (Take my hat off)'  ;)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 10:16:39 PM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 09:50:11 PM »
Hi Ton,

That you didn;t come across the OTS editor here is no surprise since Jørgen (the creator of this program and many, many more) has his own website where you can download them.

here's the link: http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software.htm

If you are about to modify styles or at least their (voices) I can also recommend his Style Revoicer. It also supports Genos so finding out which voices were originally in the styles can easily be done there if you set it to Genos when you load a genos style.

Oh and please check your personal messages :)

kind regards,
Peter

The following users thanked this post: ton37