Author Topic: Registrations  (Read 4902 times)

musicalmemoriesuk

Registrations
« on: February 10, 2018, 04:45:20 AM »
Ive seen a method on youtube that stores sounds in the registration buttons and the music finder being used for setting up the styles etc. Anyone else use this method ?

Offline porterma

Re: Registrations
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 05:31:49 AM »
Yes, I use the registration buttons to access my favourite sounds. It is a great way to always have your most used voices that you want to supplement your OTS voices that come up with each style.
Where the OTS voice change with each style chosen, the 8 sounds in your registration remain constant.

Mark

musicalmemoriesuk

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 07:34:07 AM »
I was referring to this guy
https://youtu.be/1Ka67wUrM10
So when you've filled your 8 slots with your face sounds, do you create other banks for other sounds you use and do you have a bank for country and big band etc ?

Offline porterma

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 03:03:21 AM »
Hi,
The fellow in your  YouTube link is Mike Mixon and his videos are great! I have been following him for the past couple of years now and have learned so much. including so many new songs.
In many of his early videos he was saving all his songs to the Music Finder; but more recently he basically creates a registration for each song he is playing and makes changes to his OTS settings this way. His videos are very instructive - he shows you exactly how to do it. And he answers emails as well!
I got the idea of creating a sound registration from one of his videos.
Right now I have just one registration bank of my favourite 8 sounds; but for a while now it has been on my to do list to create other "sound" banks - as you suggest - I would like to have a "country" sound bank, and a "ballad" sound bank, and a "big band, sound bank. a "pop" sound bank, etc.

Hope this helps,

Mark

musicalmemoriesuk

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 04:36:20 AM »
I also see that he has a bank of expansion sounds linked to each registration button is that correct ?

Offline porterma

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 06:29:42 AM »
I'm not sure about that.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 10:24:30 PM »
If you have expansion voices loaded then of course you can use them in registrations, but remember to keep these voices loadsame positions for the registration to find them.ed in the