Author Topic: The RC-7 Volume Foot Contorller..FRUSTRATION  (Read 6095 times)

Offline trebor1950

The RC-7 Volume Foot Contorller..FRUSTRATION
« on: February 10, 2018, 04:20:11 AM »
Hi All. I have within my Genos a selection of registrations that have been set without the volume foot pedal being assigned....  (No idea why) some of the regs have up to 8 buttons allotted.  Is there a way to assign the volume pedal on MASS or do I have go into each of the Registration Memory Buttons individually for every one of the registrations effected?

Hope that makes sense.

Rob (dreading the answer)

Offline StuartR

Re: The RC-7 Volume Foot Contorller..FRUSTRATION
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 04:35:15 AM »
Hi All. I have within my Genos a selection of registrations that have been set without the volume foot pedal being assigned....  (No idea why) some of the regs have up to 8 buttons allotted.  Is there a way to assign the volume pedal on MASS or do I have go into each of the Registration Memory Buttons individually for every one of the registrations effected?

Hope that makes sense.

Rob (dreading the answer)
You shouldn't need to assign it at all unless you're doing something different with it in some of your registrations. Just assign it globally in the panel menu and it should stay assigned until a registration explicitly reassigns it. You can also use the Freeze button and menu to keep any registrations from changing your global default if needed.

The following users thanked this post: trebor1950

Offline XeeniX

Re: The RC-7 Volume Foot Contorller..FRUSTRATION
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 05:01:20 AM »
Hi Rob,

I know the feeling when you want to change foot pedal assigments afterwards or forgot to set them up properly when creating the registration. There is a nice and easy solution to this problem and it's called YRM 5.1 or in other words: Murray's latest Registration Manager.

Copy your registration to a usb stick and connect the stick afterwards to your pc (if you didn;t install the latest YRMyet do so now). After you start YRM set it to Genos as target keyboard. Now load teh registration you want to modify. After it is loaded double click the first bank and go to the foot pedal section. Select the foot pedal nnumber corresponding to your FC 7 pedal and set it to control volume (don't forget to let YRM know which parts should react to the pedal ie left, rh1, rh2, etc.) Once that is set stay in that window and select the duplicate option in the duplicator section (bottom right of the screen) and click PROCEED. Enable the ALL buttons option and click OK. In teh settings to duplicate part of the screen you can now check the appropriate foot pedal(s) to be duplicated to all other banks (just a warning here.... do NOT do that for the style since it will duplicate the variation from that bank to all other banks which is usually unwanted!) AQfter you have checked the foot pedal click on the green button that says "duplicate settings" and voilá .... You are back in teh main YRM screen and can now save your registration.

I use this for things like button name, chord fingering and the likes. You could even do it with an entire folder of registrations by using the duplicate/remove settings button (bottom right in the main screen) Just make sure you make a copy of that folder first though in case you make a mistake :)

you can download it from here:
http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,42923.0.html

hope this helps,
Peter
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 05:30:25 AM by XeeniX »

The following users thanked this post: trebor1950