Author Topic: Genos order from MF  (Read 11844 times)

edtek

Genos order from MF
« on: February 09, 2018, 07:26:00 AM »
Ordered yesterday with Presidents day deal.  Said they will come in end of month. MF doesn't carry GNS speakers.  Hope they carry speakers by time kb arrives (have to buy from MF to use store credit).

Can't really justify for my playing level.  I will only use about 10% of its capabilities but there's no luggage rack on taxi to heaven so what the heck.

Things that tipped me over:
built in typing kb (hate entering text on PSRs);
the playlist feature;
will replace 2 kbs (my 88key P255 and 670 (never use those keys at either end of 88key kb));
no more fiddling with T5 etc styles to work on 670.

Re: Genos order from MF
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 09:39:36 AM »
So long as you get pleasure from the Genos, Ed. By the way, what the heck is "MF?"
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Kokoriz

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 09:56:54 AM »
So long as you get pleasure from the Genos, Ed. By the way, what the heck is "MF?"

Am guessing MusiciansFriends, an online store owned by Guitar Center I think. I could be wrong.

edtek

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 10:03:50 AM »
Yes, Musicians Friend.  Sorry for being too lazy to write it out.

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 10:52:14 AM »
No worries, Ed :).
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

edtek

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 05:39:03 AM »
Oh no! When ordered Musicians Friend said Feb 28.  Now they've pushed it out to Mar 10 :-(  I understand Genos' are on allocation and fly out of dealers as soon as they arrive. 

Om om (meditation word to relieve stress and impatience).

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 05:58:58 AM »
Ordered yesterday with Presidents day deal.  Said they will come in end of month. MF doesn't carry GNS speakers.  Hope they carry speakers by time kb arrives (have to buy from MF to use store credit).

Can't really justify for my playing level.  I will only use about 10% of its capabilities but there's no luggage rack on taxi to heaven so what the heck.

Love My Genos

If I bought a keyboard equal to my abilities...I would be shopping for a basic Casio keyboard.  😊

But one thing I’ve learned over the years about instruments, if they are good(and Genos is) they inspire us to improve our playing skills
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

Offline StuartR

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 07:06:57 AM »
Oh no! When ordered Musicians Friend said Feb 28.  Now they've pushed it out to Mar 10 :-(  I understand Genos' are on allocation and fly out of dealers as soon as they arrive. 

Om om (meditation word to relieve stress and impatience).

I prefer shouting "Serenity now!" with both hands up several times. (From the Seinfeld comedy series).😁

Offline valimaties

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 04:56:50 PM »
Yes, Musicians Friend.  Sorry for being too lazy to write it out.

As not all of us come from USA or UK, it is better for all that don't speak (write) english very well, to not abbreviate some words are not so common. We learn about IMO or IMHO ( :) ) but not all abbreviations are understandable !

Thanks.

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 07:50:51 AM »
The preferred and most acceptable way to use abbreviations, or acronyms, is to use the abbreviation followed by the explanation in parentheses, as follows:

Yamaha keyboards are the best keyboards on the planet, IMO (In My Opinion).

That only needs to be referenced like this in the first usage in the communication, because thereafter it is understood.

In business communications I sometimes wrote something like this, as follows:

Yamaha keyboards are the best keyboards on the planet, in my opinion, hereinafter referred to as IMO.

Either one of these methods communicates the meaning if the abbreviation or acronym to the reader.  :)

BTW (By The Way), this has been discussed many times on the forum in the past.  :)  :)  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Online Joe H

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 08:00:34 AM »
EIASL (English Is A Second Language) for many forum members here, and for others who don't know English at all... must use software like Google Translator.

Did I do that right Roger?

;D

Joe H
PS: The above is not a real acronym... I'm just playing.   :)
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 08:17:15 AM »
Yes, Joe, IMHO (In My Humble Opinion) you are correct.  ;D  I knew you were only joking!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

On a serious note, I'm glad you pointed out the fact that English is a second language to many of our forum members.  The Google Translator most likely wouldn't know how to interpret and translate abbreviations or acronyms.  :)  :)  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 09:34:37 AM »
Good stuff, Roger - from a fellow technical writer (TW) :).

Offline Gloria

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2018, 10:12:48 AM »

ED, quoting you-  "but there's no luggage rack on taxi to heaven so what the heck.'

GO FOR IT ED, & I'M GOING TO TRY TO DO THE SAME!   ;D
"Music is the Universal Language"
PSR Performer Page

edtek

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2018, 03:35:16 AM »
Update:  Based on recommendations here I called Frank at AudioWorksCT and he does have a very good price but is not expecting more Genos until May! 

Offline MarkF_48

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2018, 04:17:27 AM »
Update:  Based on recommendations here I called Frank at AudioWorksCT and he does have a very good price but is not expecting more Genos until May! 
Ed, Sweetwater shows having stock. Very good retailer that adds on an extra 2 year warranty to what they sell. I don't know how their pricing compares.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Genos

Lloyd E

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2018, 04:31:33 AM »
If you ordered it from Audioworks in Milford Ct. you would have saved lot's of money and he would have your speakers quickly. Reliable dealer as attested by any members here who have enjoyed Audioworks  products. If you cancel from MF you couid enjoy Audioworks too. Tel. 203 876-1133 Ask for Frank Ventresca.   Lloyd

The following users thanked this post: pjd

Offline MarkF_48

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2018, 06:45:54 AM »
If you ordered it from Audioworks in Milford Ct. you would have saved lot's of money and he would have your speakers quickly. Reliable dealer as attested by any members here who have enjoyed Audioworks  products. If you cancel from MF you couid enjoy Audioworks too. Tel. 203 876-1133 Ask for Frank Ventresca.   Lloyd
Lloyd..... Doesn't Yamaha lock the price that retailers can sell their keyboards for so all retailers have to have the same price? I'm not sure how Audioworks would get around what Yamaha tells them they can sell it for.

Offline StuartR

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2018, 07:16:11 AM »
Lloyd..... Doesn't Yamaha lock the price that retailers can sell their keyboards for so all retailers have to have the same price? I'm not sure how Audioworks would get around what Yamaha tells them they can sell it for.

The short answer is no. Dealers don't have to sell at a certain price point. I believe there is a recommended price point but dealers can choose to sell the item at a much lower price, although few choose to do that. I think that the markup on Yamaha (and probably a lot of other music gear) is up to 100% so there's a lot of profit to be had even selling below the dealer recommended price. At least this was the case back in the 80s when my brother-in-law was a Yamaha dealer sales rep.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 07:26:07 AM by StuartR »

Superjuan

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2018, 07:33:35 AM »
Tomorrow, Sweetwater is expecting to have the speakers for the Genos.
The warranty everything they sell for two years.

Sweetwater.com

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2018, 07:45:43 AM »
Meanwhile, we still wait in Canada for Genos to even show up.

Offline panos

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2018, 09:37:52 AM »
Someone will eventually discover Canada someday  ;D
And look at how beautiful that keyboard is...

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 09:41:00 AM by panos »

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2018, 10:09:04 AM »

Lloyd is right on!!  I hate to sound like a broken record but fact is I’ve been buying from Audioworks since 2007, that’s 11 years and I have never found a better dealer or better price anywhere. 
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline StuartR

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2018, 11:02:51 AM »
Lloyd is right on!!  I hate to sound like a broken record but fact is I’ve been buying from Audioworks since 2007, that’s 11 years and I have never found a better dealer or better price anywhere.

I've bought several Yamaha keyboards from Frank and can second that endorsement.

Offline MarkF_48

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2018, 09:43:55 PM »
The short answer is no. Dealers don't have to sell at a certain price point. I believe there is a recommended price point but dealers can choose to sell the item at a much lower price, although few choose to do that. I think that the markup on Yamaha (and probably a lot of other music gear) is up to 100% so there's a lot of profit to be had even selling below the dealer recommended price. At least this was the case back in the 80s when my brother-in-law was a Yamaha dealer sales rep.
Yes, I believe you're correct after some thought and a bit of research on the internet. It was the 'MAP' (minimum advertised price) pricing I was thinking of. They have to be consistent on the lowest advertised price, but they can offer an item at less than advertised if you call them or the retailer plays other games such as reducing the price by stating it's a 'demo' or similar. I've negotiated a price with Sweetwater a couple of times on some high ticket pieces of gear speaking to one of the sales people and sometimes they could do better, sometimes not. It depended on the the demand for the item and their margin of markup. For me the value in Sweetwater is the extra 2 years of warranty coverage they offer for free, as well as free tech support.
Frank's online advertised  price is the same as other retailers $5,499.99. Audioworks shows 'Arriving soon', Sweetwater shows 'In Stock'. Perhaps call Sweetwater and see if they'll work on a better price.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 09:45:07 PM by MarkF_48 »

Offline StuartR

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2018, 10:07:57 PM »
Yes, I believe you're correct after some thought and a bit of research on the internet. It was the 'MAP' (minimum advertised price) pricing I was thinking of. They have to be consistent on the lowest advertised price, but they can offer an item at less than advertised if you call them or the retailer plays other games such as reducing the price by stating it's a 'demo' or similar. I've negotiated a price with Sweetwater a couple of times on some high ticket pieces of gear speaking to one of the sales people and sometimes they could do better, sometimes not. It depended on the the demand for the item and their margin of markup. For me the value in Sweetwater is the extra 2 years of warranty coverage they offer for free, as well as free tech support.
Frank's online advertised  price is the same as other retailers $5,499.99. Audioworks shows 'Arriving soon', Sweetwater shows 'In Stock'. Perhaps call Sweetwater and see if they'll work on a better price.

I tried negotiating with Sweetwater, they weren't interested in competing with AudioWorks. And I've done a lot of business with Sweetwater in the past. But not again.😁😲

Offline MarkF_48

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2018, 10:32:29 PM »
If Ed canceled his Musicians Friend order, it's probably just as well. The site Resellerratings did not have very good reviews...
https://www.resellerratings.com/store/Musician_s_Friend

AudioworksCT unfortunately wasn't listed, but from comments throughout this forum it appears to be a reputable and trusted retailer.

As a comparison to Musicians Friend Sweetwater did very well.....
https://www.resellerratings.com/store/Sweetwater_Sound

If Ed does give Frank a call it would be interesting if he could come back here with the price he was quoted.

Offline StuartR

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2018, 03:07:47 AM »
If Ed canceled his Musicians Friend order, it's probably just as well. The site Resellerratings did not have very good reviews...
https://www.resellerratings.com/store/Musician_s_Friend

AudioworksCT unfortunately wasn't listed, but from comments throughout this forum it appears to be a reputable and trusted retailer.

As a comparison to Musicians Friend Sweetwater did very well.....
https://www.resellerratings.com/store/Sweetwater_Sound

If Ed does give Frank a call it would be interesting if he could come back here with the price he was quoted.

I'll just say this much, I bought a Montage and two Genos keyboards from Frank and never looked back.

DonM

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2018, 03:18:12 AM »
I think it would not be right to post Frank's price, because it can vary a little because of exchange rate.  However, you won't find anyone to beat it.
Sweetwater met his price for me on PSR S970.  Frank didn't have any at the time.
Sweetwater had Genos in stock a few days ago.

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2018, 04:48:31 AM »
If you are in the US and can cancel your order with MF go with Audioworks.  !!!!

Even if you have to wait a couple of additional months it is worth it. 

I have purchased from Audioworks several times.  Always a good experience and excellent price.

thanks   
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2018, 10:09:51 AM »
I think it would not be right to post Frank's price, because it can vary a little because of exchange rate.  However, you won't find anyone to beat it.

Well said!
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline Bernie9

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2018, 06:10:43 PM »
I agree, I have bought 4 top of the line keyboards from Frank and received the best service and price.  I, however, never divulge the price.