Author Topic: Genos order from MF  (Read 567 times)

Offline edtek

Genos order from MF
« on: February 08, 2018, 11:26:00 PM »
Ordered yesterday with Presidents day deal.  Said they will come in end of month. MF doesn't carry GNS speakers.  Hope they carry speakers by time kb arrives (have to buy from MF to use store credit).

Can't really justify for my playing level.  I will only use about 10% of its capabilities but there's no luggage rack on taxi to heaven so what the heck.

Things that tipped me over:
built in typing kb (hate entering text on PSRs);
the playlist feature;
will replace 2 kbs (my 88key P255 and 670 (never use those keys at either end of 88key kb));
no more fiddling with T5 etc styles to work on 670.
Ed, Out in the West Texas town of El Paso

Re: Genos order from MF
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 01:39:36 AM »
So long as you get pleasure from the Genos, Ed. By the way, what the heck is "MF?"
Current Gear: Tyros 5, Nord Electro 5D, SoundCraft mixer, two Bose L1 Compacts, 15 inch sub designed and built by myself, Yamaha HS8 studio monitors, Cubase 8 Artist, Steinberg UR-44.

Offline Kokoriz

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 01:56:54 AM »
So long as you get pleasure from the Genos, Ed. By the way, what the heck is "MF?"

Am guessing MusiciansFriends, an online store owned by Guitar Center I think. I could be wrong.

Offline edtek

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 02:03:50 AM »
Yes, Musicians Friend.  Sorry for being too lazy to write it out.

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 02:52:14 AM »
No worries, Ed :).
Current Gear: Tyros 5, Nord Electro 5D, SoundCraft mixer, two Bose L1 Compacts, 15 inch sub designed and built by myself, Yamaha HS8 studio monitors, Cubase 8 Artist, Steinberg UR-44.

Offline edtek

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 09:39:03 PM »
Oh no! When ordered Musicians Friend said Feb 28.  Now they've pushed it out to Mar 10 :-(  I understand Genos' are on allocation and fly out of dealers as soon as they arrive. 

Om om (meditation word to relieve stress and impatience).

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 09:58:58 PM »
Ordered yesterday with Presidents day deal.  Said they will come in end of month. MF doesn't carry GNS speakers.  Hope they carry speakers by time kb arrives (have to buy from MF to use store credit).

Can't really justify for my playing level.  I will only use about 10% of its capabilities but there's no luggage rack on taxi to heaven so what the heck.

Love My Genos

If I bought a keyboard equal to my abilities...I would be shopping for a basic Casio keyboard.  😊

But one thing Iíve learned over the years about instruments, if they are good(and Genos is) they inspire us to improve our playing skills
guitpic1

Genos, S970, DGX650, Bose S1 Pro, JBL Eon One, SSV.3, DXR10

Offline StuartR

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 11:06:57 PM »
Oh no! When ordered Musicians Friend said Feb 28.  Now they've pushed it out to Mar 10 :-(  I understand Genos' are on allocation and fly out of dealers as soon as they arrive. 

Om om (meditation word to relieve stress and impatience).

I prefer shouting "Serenity now!" with both hands up several times. (From the Seinfeld comedy series).😁

Online valimaties

« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 08:56:50 AM »
Yes, Musicians Friend.  Sorry for being too lazy to write it out.

As not all of us come from USA or UK, it is better for all that don't speak (write) english very well, to not abbreviate some words are not so common. We learn about IMO or IMHO ( :) ) but not all abbreviations are understandable !

Thanks.

Regards,
Vali

Vali Matieş - Genos

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 11:50:51 PM »
The preferred and most acceptable way to use abbreviations, or acronyms, is to use the abbreviation followed by the explanation in parentheses, as follows:

Yamaha keyboards are the best keyboards on the planet, IMO (In My Opinion).

That only needs to be referenced like this in the first usage in the communication, because thereafter it is understood.

In business communications I sometimes wrote something like this, as follows:

Yamaha keyboards are the best keyboards on the planet, in my opinion, hereinafter referred to as IMO.

Either one of these methods communicates the meaning if the abbreviation or acronym to the reader.  :)

BTW (By The Way), this has been discussed many times on the forum in the past.  :)  :)  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline Joe H

« Reply #10 on: Today at 12:00:34 AM »
EIASL (English Is A Second Language) for many forum members here, and for others who don't know English at all... must use software like Google Translator.

Did I do that right Roger?

;D

Joe H
PS: The above is not a real acronym... I'm just playing.   :)
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #11 on: Today at 12:17:15 AM »
Yes, Joe, IMHO (In My Humble Opinion) you are correct.  ;D  I knew you were only joking!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

On a serious note, I'm glad you pointed out the fact that English is a second language to many of our forum members.  The Google Translator most likely wouldn't know how to interpret and translate abbreviations or acronyms.  :)  :)  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

« Reply #12 on: Today at 01:34:37 AM »
Good stuff, Roger - from a fellow technical writer (TW) :).

Offline Gloria

« Reply #13 on: Today at 02:12:48 AM »

ED, quoting you-  "but there's no luggage rack on taxi to heaven so what the heck.'

GO FOR IT ED, & I'M GOING TO TRY TO DO THE SAME!   ;D
"Music is the Universal Language"
PSR Performer Page