Author Topic: Audio styles for Genos  (Read 10912 times)

Offline vlbrgt

Audio styles for Genos
« on: February 07, 2018, 05:48:23 AM »
Have spent a few hours today working with YEM (Yamaha Expansion Manager).

Now I had recently downloaded the free audio style of the Tyros 5 for the Genos on the Yamaha website.
These are offered as a 'ppf' file and must therefore be installed with the YEM.
That all works perfectly and the audio styles are put in the expansion memory.
On the Genos itself you can not copy or move these styles to another location (eg USER).
However, via the PC (PC mode Genos) these styles with extension 'aus' can be copied or moved to another location.
So I moved these styles to the USER memory.
I can actually choose and use all these styles from within USER without problems.

Where I want to go is the following:
these audio styles are very large files that together occupy about 615 Mb in the Genos_PackInstallData.cpi.
ie once installed and moved to USER, I no longer need to include these styles in the Pack installation file when I want to install new packs via YEM, and my Genos_PackInstallData.cpi is reduced from 1497 Mb to 878 Mb, which gives you time savings at the next installation.
Also, memory in the expansion memory is released for other packs.

Is this a correct reasoning or do I overlook something that could cause problems?

Best regards
Etienne
If plan A doesn't work, don't forget that the alphabet has 25 more letters.
Volbragte@telenet.be
http://Psrtutorial.com/MB/volbragt.html
Genos

Offline AlBags

Re: Audio styles for Genos
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 08:14:14 AM »

Hi
I think this warrants further investigation, will need others to try! Al
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

Offline StuartR

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 10:10:11 AM »
Hi
I think this warrants further investigation, will need others to try! Al

I'll try that and report back.

Marcus

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 02:13:48 PM »
Have spent a few hours today working with YEM (Yamaha Expansion Manager).

Now I had recently downloaded the free audio style of the Tyros 5 for the Genos on the Yamaha website.
These are offered as a 'ppf' file and must therefore be installed with the YEM.
That all works perfectly and the audio styles are put in the expansion memory.
On the Genos itself you can not copy or move these styles to another location (eg USER).
However, via the PC (PC mode Genos) these styles with extension 'aus' can be copied or moved to another location.
So I moved these styles to the USER memory.
I can actually choose and use all these styles from within USER without problems.

Where I want to go is the following:
these audio styles are very large files that together occupy about 615 Mb in the Genos_PackInstallData.cpi.
ie once installed and moved to USER, I no longer need to include these styles in the Pack installation file when I want to install new packs via YEM, and my Genos_PackInstallData.cpi is reduced from 1497 Mb to 878 Mb, which gives you time savings at the next installation.
Also, memory in the expansion memory is released for other packs.

Is this a correct reasoning or do I overlook something that could cause problems?

Best regards
Etienne
Hi Etienne

I also installed the same Audio Style packs to my Genos, which reside in the Expansion folder. I tried copying them as well to the User Drive to free up expansion memory, but was not allowed to copy. I also tried opening them in Style Creator and save them to the User drive that way, but the Genos indicates that feature is not yet available. I also found that you cannot copy regular styles within Premium Pack within the Expansion folder as well.

My guess is, these features will become available in the next Genos firmware update. Seemed to coincide with the Premium Pack conversion schedule dates for the audio style packs, however it appears that the next Genos firmware update was postponed to later this month.

If you managed to transfer them to the User Drive in PC mode, I guess no harm done. I predict that the Audio Styles will still not open in Style Creator until the scheduled firmware update. I too want to remove the Audio Style packs from the YEM and expansion to free up memory space. Give it a try and see if the transferred Audio styles still play from the Genos User drive. To me, this all seems normal and just have to wait for the firmware update to get all the full Genos functions.

Not usual for Yamaha to do so, just as the YEM updates were scheduled for the Tyros 5. My previous Tyros 5 works flawlessly, just as my Genos will with the typical firmware updates. Completely satisfied with my Genos, just waiting for the conversion schedule dates to run their course and access my final purchased Audio Style packs upgrades.

Marcus

Offline vlbrgt

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 03:52:34 PM »
If you managed to transfer them to the User Drive in PC mode, I guess no harm done. I predict that the Audio Styles will still not open in Style Creator until the scheduled firmware update. I too want to remove the Audio Style packs from the YEM and expansion to free up memory space. Give it a try and see if the transferred Audio styles still play from the Genos User drive. To me, this all seems normal and just have to wait for the firmware update to get all the full Genos functions.

The copied styles from expansion to USER can be used from within the USER memory.
They can't be opened in Style Creator as you already mentioned.

Regards
Etienne
If plan A doesn't work, don't forget that the alphabet has 25 more letters.
Volbragte@telenet.be
http://Psrtutorial.com/MB/volbragt.html
Genos

Marcus

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 09:14:26 PM »
The copied styles from expansion to USER can be used from within the USER memory.
They can't be opened in Style Creator as you already mentioned.

Regards
Etienne
Good to hear, but do the audio styles still play from the User drive if they are removed from the expansion and YEM? I would assume yes, but I am not going to worry about it until the next firmware update.

I also have to wait to next month anyway to get my last two upgraded Audio Style premium packs, as per the Premium Pack upgrade schedule. It will also take me about a month to get both my Genos (one backup), ready for gigging.

Same thing happened with my Tyros 5s, I had to wait for at least the second firmware upgrade for Yamaha to fix the freeze function to make them gig worthy and for all my custom work and registrations to work. Love the fact that, all the previous audio style will work on the Genos.

Marcus

tyrosman

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 11:15:50 PM »
hi Guyes the thing to Remember about Yem is you don't have to load all the Audio styles at once as there are many Audio styles on Genos that was on tyros5 and you can also Pick which styles that you want to load from yem

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 11:44:01 PM »
There are no Audio styles on Genos Willie but you can download the ones that were on Tyros 5 for Genos

Marcus

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 11:52:39 PM »
hi Guyes the thing to Remember about Yem is you don't have to load all the Audio styles at once as there are many Audio styles on Genos that was on tyros5 and you can also Pick which styles that you want to load from yem
Yes, you can pick and choose what Audio Styles you want transferred from the YEM, but if they can successfully be copied over to the Genos User Drive (58 GB), then why not transfer all of them.

None of the factory Tyros 5 Audio Styles are on the Genos by default, you have to download them from the official Genos website. The Genos versions of the Latin and Dance Audio Style Premium packs are now available on the YamahaMusicSoft site, and can be downloaded to your Genos for those who previously purchased them for there Tyros 5. The Pop/Rock and Jazz/Swing Audio Style packs will be available next month as per the Premium Pack update schedule.

Personally I love the fact that "all" the available Audio Styles can be copied and accessed through the Genos User Drive. Also a huge pool of styles and audio drum parts to use in Style Creator, once the firmware update is available.

Marcus

Marcus

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 11:54:26 PM »
Yes, you can pick and choose what Audio Styles you want transferred from the YEM, but if they can successfully be copied over to the Genos User Drive (58 GB), then why not transfer all of them.

None of the factory Tyros 5 Audio Styles are on the Genos by default, you have to download them from the official Genos website. The Genos versions of the Latin and Dance Audio Style Premium packs are now available on the YamahaMusicSoft site, and can be downloaded to your Genos for those who previously purchased them for there Tyros 5. The Pop/Rock and Jazz/Swing Audio Style packs will be available next month as per the Premium Pack update schedule.

Personally I love the fact that "all" the available Audio Styles can be copied and accessed through the Genos User Drive. Also a huge pool of styles and audio drum parts to use in Style Creator, once the firmware update is available.

Marcus

Eileen beat me to the punch, as I posted at the same time. Eileen is alway concise and to the point. Sorry if I always ramble. :)

tyrosman

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 12:05:25 AM »
There are no Audio styles on Genos Willie but you can download the ones that were on Tyros 5 for Genos
  I no that Eileen ;)  what I was meaning was some of the audio styles that were in tyros 5 are on genos ;)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 12:06:43 AM by tyrosman »

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 01:28:59 AM »
I too loaded the memory-hungry audio styles through YEM, but then discovered that the styles were already presets on Genos, albeit with a couple of tweaked names and OTS variations.

But the intros, endings and main parts sound virtually the same, so the audio styles are consequently "identical" to the presets - at least, for the practical purposes I put them to.   

Offline StuartR

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2018, 07:41:37 AM »
I'll try that and report back.

Sure enough, they work fine when moved to the internal storage USER. In my case this reduced the size of my pack installation file by 50%. Perhaps in a future firmware update, Genos will allow moving these without having to use Storage boot mode.