Genos (12 Boards) > Genos YEM & Expansion Packs

How Frequently should we update data in YEM

(1/1)

anandmaloo:
Hi,

I am new to Genos and YEM. Maybe its a stupid question but I just wanted to know how often is it advisable to load YEM on Genos and update the expansion files.

This is because I now get the new packs frequently, and each time I add (or remove) them, the GENOS has to rewrite all the packs. Just worried if this might change my old existing pack's setting of styles and registrations.

Regards

Anand

Stijn:
There's no limit, but it takes a lot of time.... and if you don't intend to use or try the packs then there is no need to install them on the Genos.

Once you have installed the packs that you want, you can ADD new packs by WiFi (no USB!). It worked on Tyros5, the memory will not be formatted, the pack gets installed in a matter of minutes. I guess it only works when you ADD packs, not when you delete or uncheck packs or items in YEM.

Stijn

valimaties:

--- Quote from: Stijn on February 06, 2018, 06:14:30 PM --- I guess it only works when you ADD packs, not when you delete or uncheck packs or items in YEM.

Stijn

--- End quote ---

No, it works in both directions (Add - Delete)

AlBags:

Keep all your YEM input files, and any install files for instruments backed up to another drive or stick.
Helps if your PC/Laptop/drive fails!

Al.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version