Author Topic: Getting WAV file back from the UVD files  (Read 4808 times)

Offline anandmaloo

Getting WAV file back from the UVD files
« on: February 06, 2018, 01:34:10 PM »
Hi all,

I have lot of UVD files where in I had imported a lot of audio drum loops (Tabla) for my  T3. They are all working fine in my Genos as I have imported them through YEM.

Now the problem is that they are fixed tempo. I want to convert them into rx2 files now (which can be imported in Genos) and make them tempo independent.

But I don't have any of the original WAV files from which I had created those Drumkits years ago.
Is there a way where I can get back my original WAV files from the UVD Kits that I have.

Regards

Anand

Offline valimaties

Re: Getting WAV file back from the UVD files
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 02:30:00 PM »
Hi.
You cannot extract wave samples from UVD, UVN or TVN or any Yamaha sample extension file. You can find the converted wav to Yamaha wav file in Expansion Manager, under expansion folder in user area, but you cannot hear anything when you play that converted file, with any player (I tried a lot of audio players and codecs), as Yamaha has its own type of wave file which only the hardware inside keyboards can play those files...

Regards,
Vali

Edited: My mistake!!! I don't know why I was thinking at ppi/ppf YEM's packs instead of those old libraries :) As you see in my explanation I have indicates YEM's converted UVD, UVN or TVN, so I thought at converted items :))) Sorry!!

@ckobu answered ...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 03:47:50 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline ckobu

Re: Getting WAV file back from the UVD files
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 02:56:40 PM »
You can extract wav with Awave software. In my chanel you can wiev UVN converted but you only insert UVD. Proces is the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocHamVOx6hk
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: anandmaloo