Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > Yamaha Keyboards - General

Buying info

<< < (2/2)

guitpic1:
Grover,

I’m trying out the Genos right now..I have the S970.

S970..great little keyboard..that said Genos advantages I see..

Better keybed/key action though keys are the same size

9 inch touch screen..lovely

More styles and voices...to me better sounding styles and voices.

Actual sliders/knobs vs. buttons.

More memory options and more memory.

76 Keys and after touch.

Genos is very expandable styles and voice wise.

Does all this make Genos worth (twice or more) the $$$ the cost of S970?  That’s up to you.

sound4words:
Thanks guys for your opinions, I will keep looking into this after all if I am going to be spending the big bucks I will need do as much research as possible!
I cannot seem to see a Genos 61 keys version available have they not launched one? I think that’s not right not everyone wants 76key, 61keys is much more practical to travel with I really hope they bring one out soon!
And when in my studio if I need to expand the keys then I can connect midi Moxf 8 and Genos so then I can have my very own 88keys version of Genos

AlBags:

Sure they won't bring out Genos 61.There are a lot of features, and panel needs the room (maybe something else to go in the free space with Genos 2)
Personally, I don't think 970 comes close to T5, and T5-76/Genos effectively are 3 hands keyboards.Genos quite a bit smaller, but further advanced. Genos only way to go, if u can afford it.

Al.

sound4words:
Hey sorry for late response but I saw your reply and I am well and truly shocked to hear that they won’t do 61 key version. I know that there are a lot of extra features but even so I am sure that as Yamaha is such a big professional brand with a lot of great minds working for them so I  can imagine that it won’t be too difficult for them squeeze all these features  in to a smaller 61 keys version size!
For me personally I already have 3 keyboards MOXF88, Roland FA61 and Korg Kronos 73 in my studio and so I have to manage space and cost so that’s why I am looking for Genos 61! Here’s hoping that they bring it out soon!

AlBags:

Well, don't quote me, but it is just an educated guess!
I think one of the factors is that many high end arranger workstations how have 3-way split manuals, so many users need the room/extra octave to make better use of it.
Time, and Genos sales will tell, I suppose!
Al.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version