Author Topic: Sf2 piano voices for Tyros5  (Read 5109 times)

Offline bpsafran

Sf2 piano voices for Tyros5
« on: February 05, 2018, 02:33:16 PM »
According to the manual, YEM should be able to load Sf2 voices to expansion memory. Could this be a way to get a much improved piano voice, perhaps with string resonance, and does anyone have links to such a high quality sf2 piano?

Sander89

Re: Sf2 piano voices for Tyros5
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 04:33:17 AM »
I just bought the CMS Grandpiano 1 from cms sounddesign, a german company that makes really great samples.

It is installing right now, so i have not been able to try it yet, but if you are interested, i can record and send you a wave file with something i play.

The only thing, the sample size is almost 1gb, so you will fill up almost your whole flash module, unless you have a 2gb version.

I am happy to offer up the space, as i am really disappointed with the standard piano sounds, even other voices i tried from internet, such as the steinway voice from francesco massal.

Sander89

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 01:38:06 PM »
Made a short demo of the expansion pack i use:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9c8sHf8k9o

Cosmorot

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 08:17:28 PM »
I do not remember the good libraries in SF2 format. But a lot of good libraries in AKAY! With the help of SDxtract4 can be converted into SF2. And T5 they easily eat  ::)

Offline bpsafran

Re: Sf2 piano voices for Tyros5 + Update on Piano Pack Voice
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 05:48:56 PM »
I downloaded several free piano sf2 voices to my Tyros5 but they were far from optimal, probably because they were not designed for the effects, and digital to analogue conversions of the Tyros.  I bought the pack MidiPirates Upright Piano and am very happy with the Natural voices there and the extra piano styles. I recommend it highly but beware that on the Yamaha MusicSoft site (yamahamusicsoft.com) the pack list shown is not correct, since it is for another pack.  On the MidiPirates Web site you can see the correct pack list.