Author Topic: Using .wav files for Multi Pads  (Read 7072 times)

Offline trebor1950

Using .wav files for Multi Pads
« on: February 05, 2018, 01:35:27 PM »
Is it possible to use .wav files as Multi Pads -  if so - how?  Or do they need to be converted/

Thanks - in anticipation
Rob

Offline StuartR

Re: Using .wav files for Multi Pads
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 01:56:24 PM »
Is it possible to use .wav files as Multi Pads -  if so - how?  Or do they need to be converted/

Thanks - in anticipation
Rob
Quite possible. Just use the Multipad creator menu to create a new bank. Touching each empty slot will allow you to import a .wav file.

Offline trebor1950

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 12:26:03 AM »
Mmmmmmmmmm. Thanks - cant seem to get a handle on the process.. I have .wav file sounds on a connected usb but they don't want to be recognised.

Will continue to stumble along........

Rob

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 01:26:15 AM »
The procedure is explained in the section 'Creating a Multi Pad with Audio files (Multi Pad Creator—Audio Link Multi Pad)' starting on page 54 of the 'Genos Reference Manual'.    This is not the 'Owner's Manual' and you will need to download it if you have not already done so.

Here is a link to the page on the Yamaha UK website from which it can be downloaded...

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs

You will find the manuals if you scroll down the page.

Note that the '.wav' files must be in the correct format as shown at the beginning of the above section of the manual. 

Regards

Ian

Offline StuartR

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 02:12:24 AM »
Mmmmmmmmmm. Thanks - cant seem to get a handle on the process.. I have .wav file sounds on a connected usb but they don't want to be recognised.

Will continue to stumble along........

Rob
That's probably because your .wav files were recorded above 44k. You'll need to downconvert them using any of the hundreds of audio converting tools out there.

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 03:27:32 AM »
I’ve created a multi pad bank with some audio files. Can I get the pads to loop the audio file? Or do I need to bring in a looped Wav file?

I think it would be a very useful function to be able to loop any multi pad content.

I can see any edit commands for an audio multi pad once created other than the file options.
Thanks
Steve
Yamaha Genos, Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha MODX7, Korg M3, Korg Wavestation SR, Korg M3R, Korg MS20, MiniMoog Model D, Moog Voyager, Sequential Prophet 6, Roland D10, Roland JV1080, Roland Drumatix, EDP Wasp, Ableton 9

Offline trebor1950

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 04:39:45 AM »
Thanks again - that now makes sense - big problem with the Manuals thou - every time I've tried to download these - it starts into the pdf download then freezes. I have to then close out. Has any one got any idea's...

Thanks again

Rob

Sorted - used Google Chrome instead of IE.  Manual obtained. Off to do some Good reading
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 01:59:14 PM by trebor1950 »