Author Topic: Tyros 5 newbie  (Read 5368 times)

Offline Kytrinh

Tyros 5 newbie
« on: February 04, 2018, 06:35:15 PM »
Hi All,
I just bought a used T5..very late for the party I know as people have started leaving. Please could someone advice me of the latest OS update..mine is currently sitting on Version 1.05. Also do these updates follow a particular order or i can just jump to the latest?
Thanks All
Ky
Genos, Tyros4/5, Pa4X, Audya5, KetronSD40, RolandXP30

Seagull29

Re: Tyros 5 newbie
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 06:50:45 PM »
Hi,
the last update is 1.13 . You can find it on Yamaha Support (Download & Firmware update).

Regards

Seagull29

The following users thanked this post: Kytrinh

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 06:53:25 PM »
Here is the link.
https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/firm_tyros5.html
You do not have to go in order, you can jump to the latest a available.
Tyros 5 is a great arranger keyboard enjoy it!

Rick D.

The following users thanked this post: Kytrinh

Offline Kytrinh

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 06:59:43 PM »
Wow thanks guys for the quick reply..
Downloading it now -)) i love the stealth gun metal look!!

Jamtrax

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 02:02:41 AM »
I shouldn't worry about  people leaving the party as I'm sure you will find many owners happy with the Tyros 5 for many years yet!  As for newbies I've only had the Tyros 5 myself a months and far from bored with it! ;)

As you've already been informed 1.13 is the latest update version.
https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/firm_tyros5.html

Offline Will49

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 07:26:57 PM »
Hi All, I just bought a used T5..
Hi Ky, I see that you finally came to a decision and opted for the almost new Tyros 5 instead of a new Genos. This is exactly the route I took when I opted for a used 76 key version just before Christmas, and am very pleased with it. Coming from a T4, like I did, you will find lots of your old keyboard still in the T5, but it has much better (and several more) effects to play with. If you really spend some time to experiment in this department, you'll be amazed! Then there's the Organ World and the Ensemble feature - the latter can take some mastering to get it right though. Like several others have said, the T5 still is quite an awesome arranger, and I totally agree. No disrespect to all the Genos owners over on the other Forum board, but whatever improvements the Genos has over T5, I cannot for the life of me see that those improvements are worth twice the cost of a mint condition T5! Some have even said that the Genos is two times better than T5 in all respects, but that's just utter rubbish in my opinion. Others have bought one, regretted it and almost immediately got rid of it! So there we have it… each to their own I suppose. Good luck with your T5; I’m sure you will have lots of enjoyment with it!

Kind regards,
Will

Offline Kytrinh

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 06:12:37 AM »
Hi Ky, I see that you finally came to a decision and opted for the almost new Tyros 5 instead of a new Genos. This is exactly the route I took when I opted for a used 76 key version just before Christmas, and am very pleased with it. Coming from a T4, like I did, you will find lots of your old keyboard still in the T5, but it has much better (and several more) effects to play with. If you really spend some time to experiment in this department, you'll be amazed! Then there's the Organ World and the Ensemble feature - the latter can take some mastering to get it right though. Like several others have said, the T5 still is quite an awesome arranger, and I totally agree. No disrespect to all the Genos owners over on the other Forum board, but whatever improvements the Genos has over T5, I cannot for the life of me see that those improvements are worth twice the cost of a mint condition T5! Some have even said that the Genos is two times better than T5 in all respects, but that's just utter rubbish in my opinion. Others have bought one, regretted it and almost immediately got rid of it! So there we have it… each to their own I suppose. Good luck with your T5; I’m sure you will have lots of enjoyment with it!

Kind regards,
Will

Hello Will,
3-4 years to trade my T4 in for the T5 i wouldve paid 4.5KAUD on top, on the weekend i got a the T5 for 3K. Brand new, T5 now is still retailing in stores just a few hundred $$ less than the Genos, so  it really was a no brainer. Everything  from updates to tips and tricks also additional styles and sounds etc are all here at my fingertips, so really its just all play time without having to go find those potential  "bugs"..
i spent about 1/2hr  to tranfer all my customs styles and registrations into the T5 and voila! All the voicings in the styles i can hear cleanly and with more dynamics.. i guess the excessive reverb on the T4 kind of blend everything in..this is straight out of factory settings. I cant even wait to tamper with User EQs and CMP settings like some have suggested on here and whatever abundance of tech thats in there.. i tried the string ensemble over a few ballad styles..*** that alone is worth is weight in gold.. you literally playing with a string quartet..
So there, i now own the last of the Japanese made Yamaha Arranger line (i assume) and absolutely stoked!
Kind regards
Ky