Author Topic: It is yem a soft in one direction or not?  (Read 5050 times)

Offline Misu

It is yem a soft in one direction or not?
« on: February 02, 2018, 08:38:53 PM »
Hi,

My question is simple and maybe stupid: It is YEM a soft in one direction (can take any but give nothing back even if it is yours) or not?
Example: I have some my own files (wave; UVN; UVD; sf2), and I make my own, not-coded PPF, voice.
After a while I want to use this voice for a newer instrument (I have some S670 voices T5 or Genos do not recognize), we assume that we lost the import files.
I still have some access to my voice (up to recovery level of waves) or Yamaha believes that, if is PPF, he is the owner of the file?

Regards
Mihai
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10

Offline voodoo

Re: It is yem a soft in one direction or not?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 03:27:12 AM »
YEM cannot export wave files from PPF. Was this your question?
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline valimaties

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 10:44:52 PM »
YEM cannot export wave files from PPF. Was this your question?

Is simple... Yes, Yamaha did only a one-direction software. ;)
You have to be carefull with your content, not saving as ppi, because ppi is not importable in YEM but only for install in keyboards, not to save only the ppf but waves or other samples resources for furture use ;)

The only sad thing is if you lose pc content the packs you loaded in keyboard's expansion cannot be exported... this is the most sad thing on Yamaha keyboards... ;)

Regards,
Vali

Mihai, avem Yamaha, ce mama naibii, tot continutul e al lor daca il ai doar in formatul lor... :)))) ai grija :))

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Misu

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 12:27:39 AM »
Yes,

It is an <WinZip> without comeback (you can see the photos directly from the archive, you can listen directly MP3 files...NEVER unzip).
Frustrating, I will be very carefully with my original file.
Long life to UVN the last fair mod to work.

Regards
Mihai
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 12:43:36 AM by Misu »
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10

Offline valimaties

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 03:19:44 PM »
Yes,

It is an <WinZip> without comeback (you can see the photos directly from the archive, you can listen directly MP3 files...NEVER unzip).
Frustrating, I will be very carefully with my original file.
Long life to UVN the last fair mod to work.

Regards
Mihai

Unfortunately, no one seems to decode Yamaha's samples files from ppf or ppi files. There are definitely two ways solving this problem:
1. A third-party soft  (like Awave Studio, or others) which could do this thing...
2."Export sample" menu in YEM, in Edit page on element ">" menu, or when you select individual samples in assignation part of screen, where you assign waves on keys.

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline pjd

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 10:59:32 PM »
On Windows, if someone wants to, they can poke around the installed packs in:

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Yamaha\Expansion Manager\Packs\

where "XXX" is your user name. One needs to be aware, however, that YEM uses a database manager that names directories and files with Global Unique Identifiers (GUID) instead of human readable names. You can find waveform files within the pack directories. The pack directories contain two hidden files -- .index and .catalog -- which assist navigation a little bit.

If you're lucky, a waveform file may be in a standard format (e.g., WAV). Yamaha protected content is usually in their proprietary format which is virtually unsupported by third party tools. Yamaha compression is their secret sauce.  ;)

You can also find UVF voice definition files down there, too.

If you go exploring, good luck! Be prepared to deal with highly cryptic naming and be ready to identify file formats, etc. by magic numbers. Also, whatever you do, don't change anything unless you really, really know what you're doing...

Always have fun -- pj

Offline valimaties

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 05:25:28 PM »
On Windows, if someone wants to, they can poke around the installed packs in:

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Yamaha\Expansion Manager\Packs\

where "XXX" is your user name. One needs to be aware, however, that YEM uses a database manager that names directories and files with Global Unique Identifiers (GUID) instead of human readable names. You can find waveform files within the pack directories. The pack directories contain two hidden files -- .index and .catalog -- which assist navigation a little bit.

If you're lucky, a waveform file may be in a standard format (e.g., WAV). Yamaha protected content is usually in their proprietary format which is virtually unsupported by third party tools. Yamaha compression is their secret sauce.  ;)

You can also find UVF voice definition files down there, too.

If you go exploring, good luck! Be prepared to deal with highly cryptic naming and be ready to identify file formats, etc. by magic numbers. Also, whatever you do, don't change anything unless you really, really know what you're doing...

Always have fun -- pj

Thanks pj.

Personally, I know those things, as I post it in Tyros 5 forum section some times ago (a year or two ago), trying to found a way to export WAV files from YEM :D I know there is no third-party software that can convert Yamaha's proprietary format, but Yamaha should provide this by YEM. Also, Yamaha have to found a way to import ppi files, as if you have an old pack installation file and lost your YEM installation (by PC virus, or hard disk failure) to be able to reimport all packs from that ppi.

Regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 05:28:33 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos