Author Topic: Saving Main Reverb Type in a registration ( without style)  (Read 3386 times)

Offline bpsafran

Saving Main Reverb Type in a registration ( without style)
« on: February 04, 2018, 05:15:11 AM »
From the manual it appears that the main reverb block type is stored in a registration with the style.  When turned on, the Tyros4 defaults to Ballad Hall and even if I change that manually, and keep parameter lock for reverb on, the Ballad Hall reverb is restored if I turn the instrument on and off.  I have no problem having to save it to a registration.  But I have many registration banks where I purposely do not save the style, since I want to use the RH and LH instruments with any style. Is there a way to save the main reverb block type to a registration if I do not want to save a specific style to the registration?

Thanks

Sam

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Saving Main Reverb Type in a registration ( without style)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 07:39:20 AM »
From the manual it appears that the main reverb block type is stored in a registration with the style.  When turned on, the Tyros4 defaults to Ballad Hall and even if I change that manually, and keep parameter lock for reverb on, the Ballad Hall reverb is restored if I turn the instrument on and off.  I have no problem having to save it to a registration.  But I have many registration banks where I purposely do not save the style, since I want to use the RH and LH instruments with any style. Is there a way to save the main reverb block type to a registration if I do not want to save a specific style to the registration?

Yes, there is a way:

1. Create a dummy user style (copy any style you have).
2. Memorize your registration with this style.
3. Delete the style.

When you load the registration, it will load all your settings, then go looking for the style. When it doesn't find it, it does nothing, leaving your currently loaded style in place.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: panos

Offline bpsafran

Re: Saving Main Reverb Type in a registration ( without style)
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 01:17:57 PM »
Will try it. Thanks. It would be mire convenient if Yamaha allowed us to change tge power on settings of the reverb, voice and style.