Author Topic: YEM formatted my Expansion memory  (Read 3367 times)

Jamtrax

YEM formatted my Expansion memory
« on: February 04, 2018, 01:46:44 AM »
Hi, I've only just installed the "Yamaha Expansion Manager" after receiving a ".ppi" file and inadvertently formatted my expansion memory with the loss of all my expansion files!  I'm not sure why I did not foresee this misinterpreting the instructions.  I imported the "ppi" file into YEM and selected the Tyros as target. I connected the wireless adaptor and YEM promptly transferred the file but warned that it was formatting as well during the installation which was too late for me to stop!

I now realise what a mistake I made in doing this believing that the YEM software would add to the already installed files.  And seeing as
I no longer have the codes for the original packages have ended up losing some expensive packages because of a moments lapse in concentration.
When I was using the YEM software I saw no way to convert to ppf which I believe is what I should have done.
        Just sending out a warning to other newbies not to repeat my mistake!

***UPDATE***   Went onto "Yamaha music soft" and fortunately found my expansion packs still available to download not needing any codes. Awesome!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 02:03:36 AM by Jamtrax »

Seagull29

Re: YEM formatted my drive
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 04:08:43 AM »
Hi,
it's a recurring problem with the Yamaha system that reformats the expansion memory each time a ppf or ppi is loaded! One wonders why they took this loading option! This forces you to reload all expansion packs every time you want to add one! Ridiculous and not really practical!

Offline EileenL

Re: YEM formatted my drive
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 01:34:59 AM »
Well this gives you the chance to select just what voices you are going to use. When making a new install pack always make sure you have all the items ticked that you want to load in. If you purchase a new pack then make sure you save everything you had before plus the new pack. It is not a problem once you are used to it and it is not the sort of thing you are going to keep changing once you have all your voices in the keyboard and start to make registrations from them you need to keep them as they are.