Author Topic: New empty registration bank  (Read 7257 times)

New empty registration bank
« on: February 03, 2018, 04:55:25 PM »
Hi
I’m struggling to find how to set up an empty registration bank to start building fresh banks from scratch. Is this possible please?
Thanks
Steve
Yamaha Genos, Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha MODX7, Korg M3, Korg Wavestation SR, Korg M3R, Korg MS20, MiniMoog Model D, Moog Voyager, Sequential Prophet 6, Roland D10, Roland JV1080, Roland Drumatix, EDP Wasp, Ableton 9

Offline Oldden

Re: New empty registration bank
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 06:35:30 PM »
Hi,
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think you hold down the last black key on the right and then switch on the keyboard.

Oldden

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 07:38:59 PM »
Hi Steve
You may use the reg bank attached. I've stored it in the root folder of the user drive to have quick access to a new bank if needed.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Regards, Michael

The following users thanked this post: Jacob

Offline Bob88

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 01:57:35 AM »
Thanks Michael.  Bob

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 03:30:14 AM »
Many thanks all and Dromeus for the file.
Much appreciated!

Kind regards
Steve
Yamaha Genos, Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha MODX7, Korg M3, Korg Wavestation SR, Korg M3R, Korg MS20, MiniMoog Model D, Moog Voyager, Sequential Prophet 6, Roland D10, Roland JV1080, Roland Drumatix, EDP Wasp, Ableton 9

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 04:29:44 AM »
@Bob+Steve

glad, that it was helpful.

Cheers, Michael
Regards, Michael

Offline Bob D

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 02:20:23 AM »
Thanks Dromeus, a big help.

Tankdave

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 05:42:22 AM »
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think you hold down the last black key on the right and then switch on the keyboard.

Yes, this does work

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018, 08:59:58 AM »
Dear Dromeus,

You are the best thing (or person, or poster)  that has happened to me  ( and I believe to many many others also) on this site THANKS !

BTW I found this on the net:  "The name Dromeus gives you a strongly independent and highly creative nature, with drive and ambition to accomplish things out of the ordinary." 

I do not generally believe in this kind of claims, but with you it seems the perfect analysis.  You came up with something I  knew must exist and would solve the massive problems many of us have had  but I was unable to create.  It might be useful to note that with that empty bank one can make the first  "button" to ones liking and then by carefully choosing what to copy to other buttons  get all the assignable functions right on each button before starting to memorize styles and voices. In the process I also learned that there is very little one should mark in the Parameter Lock.  Your brilliant idea will save me a lot of time.

I will to-morrow phone the keyboard responsible at he Yamaha importer. I believe he will be very relieved. He is a very nice man, had a high position at Roland Europe, but we Finns want to live in Finland so he came home.

Cheers (and in this case really true, yours respectfully)

Kaarlo

Pino

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2018, 09:48:20 AM »
Guys,  When I was learning the ins and outs of Yamaha keyboards years ago I used to go to PSR Tutorials almost daily, there you will find excellent tutorials on all aspects of Yamaha arranger keyboards and it’s all FREE  :)

Check this out

https://psrtutorial.com/lessons/playing/regist/index.html

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2018, 08:59:19 PM »
You are the best thing (or person, or poster)  that has happened to me  ( and I believe to many many others also) on this site THANKS !

Dear Kaarlo

Thank you very much for your kind words. But let's not forget all these great contributors in this forum that provided much, much more help and support than myself.

"Dromeus" is ancient Greek for "runner", and I chose this as an alias nearly 20 years ago when I was still an active long distance runner. After the Persian Wars an athlete named Dromeus of Stymphalus emerged as the greatest long distance runner of his time winning several times the "grand slam" of Dolichos (the ancient greek long distance event), which is a victory in all four Panhellenic Games (Olympia, Korinth, Delphi and Nemea). I always felt very inspired to practice a sport with this great history and therefore I competed three times in Greek extrem distance events. One of them was the "Olympian Race", a 186 km race starting in the ancient stadium of Nemea and finishing in the ancient Stadium of Olympia.

Pardon me for being so off topic, but "accomplishing things out of the ordinary" was in fact something in running that appealed to me. Anyway, Finnland, too, has a strong relationship to running. Paavo Nurmi, maybe the greatest middle/long distance runner of all times, may be considered as the father of modern running, his training methods had a big influence on the way we still train today.
Regards, Michael